Maintaining a beard and a mustache is a difficult job. But that does not mean it is impossible. There are thousands of different products available in the market that satisfies your grooming needs, but we are going to inform you about Best Beard Wax in this blog.
So what is beard wax? How is it different from other products like beard balm?
Beard and mustache wax are just like other men grooming products, it will serve many benefits to your beard and skin underneath it. But you deserve to know all the benefits of using it, and which is the best beard wax to buy in 2020.
Let’s jump into it!
Table Of Content
- 5 Best Beard Wax- Quick Summary
- What Is Beard Wax and What Does It Do?
- What’s The Difference Between Beard Wax, Mustache Wax, And Beard Balm?
- How To Apply Beard Wax?
- Buyer’s Guide
5 Best Beard Wax- Quick Summary
|Badass Beard Wax||CHECK PRICE|
|Our Choice||Honest Amish Original Beard Wax||CHECK PRICE|
|Prophet and Tools Beard Wax and Mustache Stick||CHECK PRICE|
|Seven Potions Beard Wax||CHECK PRICE|
|Fisticuffs Beard wax||CHECK PRICE|
Badass Beard Wax
Tired of trying different beard waxes in the market, the owner created Badass beard wax that would help others like him to find beard wax products in a reasonable price range. Trying different product formulas and ingredients, this wax was invented that would serve many functions at once.
This wax has many characteristics, so let’s start by talking about holding power. This product offers a good enough hold, which will be good for both short and long beards. It melts when in contact with skin, just like a balm. This will help nourish the skin underneath the beard and moisturizes it. The badass beard care wax will hold beard hairs in one place, making it easy for you to shape it using a beard comb.
This product makes your beard feel and look dense and has an aroma that will easily attract ladies. It can be used for deep conditioning, protecting, styling beard, and giving it a denser appearance.
This is all due to carrier oils and quality ingredients such as coconut oil, argan oil, etc. Talking about the scent of this product, it has a smell of sweet citrus and pine scent, which just smells fresh and refreshing for many hours. It is not too strong, nor too light, it is just perfect. The bottom line here is that it turns out to be the top beard waxes available in the market.
Contains oil shea butter, cocoa butter, beeswax, natural oils (coconut oil, Sebum oil, Apricot kernel oil, argan oil, jojoba oil, vitamin E oil, eucalyptus oil), and many other organic elements.
- Sweet and pleasant scent
- Good hold works well with all beard lengths
- Nourishes and moisturizes beard with organic & high-quality ingredients
- Some reviewers complain that it needs to be properly applied to avoid tiny spots on beards
Honest Amish Original Beard Wax
Oh, yea, back with another product. Their product’s amazing qualities make space into almost every blog. This product is known for the best beard grooming products in the market. Their beard wax is no less compared to other products.
There are so many benefits of using this product but let’s start talking about hold. The wax gives a beard superior hold, with the use of its old and original recipe. Wax is a blend of beeswax and organic oils that just make this product perfect.
The vital components give this best beard waxes a natural masculine scent. This scent is not too strong, and will, easily catch your loved ones’ attention.
This wax can be used for beard control, nourishment, and rough hair control. It is soft and easy to apply, and that is what makes this product great. It conditions the beard hairs, skin hairs, and hair follicles underneath it, this will supply all the essential nutrients to the beard ultimately making it soft. This all makes facial hair easy to shape and comb.
Their beard wax recipe is old, that is one reason for it being perfect. The recipe included locally obtained beeswax and other natural components that make your beard look.
The only thing that you need to consider before buying this product is that in some product reviews there were complaints that it is a little overpriced compared to other products in the market. But, we recommend that you still buy this product because it is one of the top beard wax products.
Contains pumpkin seed oil, olive oil, carnauba wax, fruit oils, almond oil, and naturally obtained beeswax.
- Masculine natural scent
- A trusted brand for years
- Some might think it is a little high priced
Prophet and Tools Beard Wax and Mustache Stick
Third on our list is this product by Prophet and Tools, which also offers the best men grooming products. Prophet and Tools is men grooming brand that offers some amazing products like beard balms, beard oils, etc. Their beard wax is no less, so let’s jump into it.
As usual, let’s talk about the hold of the wax. It offered a stronghold that deals with any kind of beard hair. It can turn rough, curly, wavy hairs to a neat and tamed beard. It can easily be used for styling purposes too, just because of its amazing hold which is due to tree resin. That is also true with its best mustache wax stick.
The company guarantees that the beard and moustache wax can stay up to 24 hours, so you don’t need to worry about it. You can also easily remove it by just using a beard shampoo and conditioner to wash your beard. after which it will return to normal.
Waxed mustaches look really good on any man, so this company also offers a mustache stick that can be used with wax. It is a great combo that can save you a few bucks. Moustache wax sticks can be used with beard waxes to achieve the best results. Mustache waxes don’t often provide the stick which is a plus here.
Jojoba wax, Coconut oil, Beeswax, Shea butter, Tree Resin Essential oil.
- Comes with a mustache stick
- A ridiculously strong beard that stays intact for 24 hours
- All-natural and easy to wash
- Some users say that a white crystal-like substance is seen on the black beard, but it can be removed by combing
Seven Potions Beard Wax
Facial hair can be hard to maintain, especially when they are long and you have good beard & hair growth. Beard lacks some nutrients and that makes it rough and curly. But don’t worry because Seven Potions got you covered by their best beard and moustache wax. It has everything that you can expect from a product that comes in a mustache wax tin.
This product is reasonably priced and has amazing quality with quantity. Some beard waxes make your beard look unnatural and very stiff. But that is not the case with this product. It gives the beard a natural hold and makes it look just like a normal beard.
The 100% natural ingredients give your beard a good hold. It can give hold to both beard and mustache hairs, so it is a great option for moustache wax too.
But what’s the point of this all if the beard is still rough?
Don’t stress, seven potions have essential oils, nutrients, and other natural ingredient lists that include beeswax that nourishes the beard. It makes the skin underneath the beard smooth and improves facial hair health as well as prevents split ends.
The only thing that might concern you is that it has a not so stronghold. meaning that if you expect a good hold from this wax, then it might disappoint you. This makes it great for shorter beard length compared to longer hair lengths.
Vegetable glycerin, vitamin E, cedarwood, sandalwood, beeswax, coconut oil, palm oil, peach kernel oil, castor oil, cocoa butter, avocado butter, cedarwood oil.
- Organic Constituents
- Smoothens facial hair
- The hold is not that strong, it is only great with shorter beard lengths
Fisticuffs Beard wax
The last product on our list is this amazing beard care product by Fisticuffs. There are some things that make this product truly unique. They call it cigar blend beard wax, which is just mind-blowing.
Similar to all other waxes, this beard care product also offers a very good hold. It uses petroleum jelly to achieve this quality of hold. But that makes this product different from others.
What is so special about scent?
It combines the smell of cigar and vanilla, which just makes your face fuzz smells very delightful. But now you might be wondering, does everyone love the smell of cigars? That is the right question, but when it is mixed with other additives the scent is not too strong and is very pleasant for a man who loves to take care of his beard.
Talking about texture, this wax’s texture is not too rough. It can seem like a soft texture to none who have used other beard care products. This wax can be easily applied, unlike other beard waxes that need some proper techniques to apply.
The best thing about this wax is that it doesn’t feel like wax, It feels more like a balm, or moisturizing cream. It contains some of the best ingredients such as tea tree oil among many others. It has a good hold, that works well with shorter beard lengths. But if you have a long beard and want a ridiculously stronghold then it is not for you.
Tea tree oil, beeswax, jojoba oil, coconut oil, petroleum jelly, pine sap, and much more.
- Smooth texture and easy to apply
- Amazing scent
- It will not offer stronghold for longer beard lengths
What Is Beard Wax and What Does It Do?
Original Beard wax is very similar to beard balm. The similarity between the two products is based on organic components. It is a grooming product that is used for beard styling and holds. It is majorly made from beeswax, a common ingredient in balm and moustache wax. There are other waxes too which are present in beard and mustache waxes.
Beard wax is basically a beard styling wax that can help you tame your beard and get the beard shape you want. There are many other things that wax for men does, this includes-
- Protects your beard from dust and other impurities that give rise to dandruff and beard itch
- It moisturizes beard and helps you tame an unruly and curly beard, because of its holding capacity
- It is used to style facial hair– After applying beard waxes, using a beard comb can help you shape the beard
- It contains some natural oils that nourish beard hairs and skin underneath it.
These are some of the main functions that beard wax serves. Though there are various advantages of beard wax, you can assume the main advantage to be- styling beard hair. People use it regularly to style their beards.
What’s The Difference Between Beard Wax, Mustache Wax, And Beard Balm?
Now you might be wondering the difference between beard wax vs beard balm vs mustache wax. There are some minor differences in place that make these beard products different, with all of them serving different benefits.
Beard wax vs mustache wax
Beard and mustache wax are almost the same thing with some very minor differences. Both beard and moustache wax have beeswax as the main ingredient, but the quantity in both of them is slightly different. Mustache wax is extra thicker for a better hold compared to beard wax. You can get more hold by using a moustache wax because of some minor differences in ingredients like pine raisin. Secondly, there can be an argument that beard wax is a little softer than mustache wax. Overall, both beard and mustache wax can be used in styling and acting as a coat on a beard and mustache.
Beard and mustache wax vs beard balm
One can easily notice the difference between the balm and beard wax. Beard balm can be seen as a result of mixing beard oil and beard wax. That’s true, the balm contains properties of both beard oil and beard/mustache wax which is what makes it different. Balm offers less hold compared to beard/mustache wax, and more hold compared to beard oil. It also contains essential beard oils and additives like cocoa butter, beeswax that makes it similar to other
How To Apply Beard Wax?
Now you might wonder, what’s so difficult about applying beard wax. That’s true, there is nothing difficult about applying it, there is just the right way to apply it. Below we have highlighted a general guideline on the process of applying beard wax.
- Clean and wash your beard– This is an important part of the applying process because it will clean your beard from dust, flakes, and other stuff that will be stuck in your beard after you apply it. So, it is important to remove everything with the help of a beard brush and then apply the beard wax and let it dry with a hand towel. You can use the best beard shampoo and conditioner to clean the beard properly and it is one of the best grooming habits to form.
- Dry your beard using a towel/hairdryer and use a beard comb/Beard brush to remove loose hairs. After your beard is dry, use a comb or a brush to remove stray facial hairs.
- Rub the wax between your thumb and index finger and start applying it– After you take the appropriate quantity of wax in your hand start rubbing it on your face. Start from the beard on the neck, then move upwards. After applying it on the neck, rub it on your chin, cheeks, and finish with mustache waxing.
- Use a beard comb to shape your beard– Beard combs are a must-have in any beard grooming kit. They help you shape your beard the way you want.
- Clean your hand and extra beard wax from the beard or face, this will make your face look more clean and attractive. This is a good beard care routine to follow.
There are certain things to keep in mind before buying a beard styling wax. This guide has some steps highlighted that you should keep in mind while shopping. It can also be helpful to use when buying some different products. Note that this is just a guide highlighted by different experiences of customers.
- Price should match the quantity and quality– You don’t want to end up paying a high amount for a product that has very less quantity and an averaged quality. Read reviews for that product and make a wise choice regarding price, quantity, and quality. Remember, a high price does not mean good quality, and a low price is not bad quality. Some best beard waxes are not naturally made, so avoid these kinds of products that have synthetic ingredients.
- Hold of the wax– the entire point of buying beard wax is the hold, so buy a wax that has a hold you expect. Hold can be light, medium, and strong. The light hold is great with short beards and mustache lengths, while the medium is good for beard styles not very long. The strong beard hold is required for all the beardsman out there with long beards. They provide extra hold that keeps long beards together.
- Fragrance– waxes can come scented or unscented. it depends more on your personal taste, what scent you like? Choose a beard and mustache wax that has a scent you want.
- Ingredients and color are also a consideration– Some people are allergic to specific ingredients, so make sure to check the ingredients list to avoid galleries. Secondly, different ingredients give colors to wax, so buy a wax according to your beard hair color and skin color. Always read grooming advice about ingredients suitable for your skin.
1. What is the use of beard wax?
Beard wax is used for getting different beard styles. It offers beards a great hold, that will make it easy for you to shape facial hair using a beard comb. It often softens facial hair and nourishes the skin underneath it to reduce itchiness and dandruff. There are different kinds of hold available, choose one that meets your needs.
2. Which is the best beard wax in Canada?
You cannot say that a particular beard waxes the best, though there are some best options that you can choose from. This includes Honest Amish beard Wax, which is one of the best beard waxes in the market. Look at the above top 5 lists that are popular in the market.
3. Is Beard Wax safe?
Beard wax is completely safe to use the product. It contains beeswax, a common ingredient in the balm and mustache wax, which is naturally obtained. Mostly, all the ingredients in it are naturally obtained and that makes it safe to use.
4. What is the difference between Beard balm and beard wax?
Beard balm and beard wax contain a lot of similar ingredients. The main difference is in its texture. Beard balm has more sort of a smooth texture, while wax has a more sticky texture that gives the beard a good hold. The balm is used to supply essential nutrients to the beard while the wax is used for styling purposes.
In this blog, we discover Best Beard wax in 2020. First, we informed you of the differences between beard wax, mustache wax, and beard balm. Then we guided you on how to choose a beard wax, and how to apply it. We hope that you enjoyed reading this blog and if you have anything to share then we would love to hear from you.
Last update on 2020-09-30 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API