We are back with another blog on beard grooming accessories! This time we will give you more information on Beard Brush.
There are many different things we would like to cover in this blog including, what is beard brush and what beard brushes do, beard brush vs comb, 4 Best Beard Brush 2020, and much more. Beard brushes are an important part of your morning routine, so it is important to know about it.
An educated guess would be that a brush and beard comb achieves the same function of styling. That is correct to some extent, but some differences still exist. So, without wasting any time let’s jump into the best beard brushes for you.
Table Of Content
- 4 Best Beard Brush 2020
- What is a Beard Brush And What Does It Do?
- Beard Brush vs Beard Comb
- How To Use Beard Brush in 5 Steps?
- Buyer’s Guide?
4 Best Beard Brush 2020
|Our Choice||ZilberHaar Pure Boar Bristles and Pearwood Beard Brush||CHECK PRICE|
|Diane Original Military Beard Brush||CHECK PRICE|
|Rocky Mountain Barber Company Beard Brush||CHECK PRICE|
|Seven Potions Beard Brush||CHECK PRICE|
ZilberHaar Pure Boar Bristles and Pearwood Beard Brush
First on our list is this product by Zilberhaar, a company known for its quality and perfection. Similar to German cars which are the best in the market, there are many other German products too which top their field. This brush is made from top-quality materials manufactured in Germany. The pear wood used in making this brush comes from German forests which make it durable.
There are many advantages of this product, but the main one is that it has premium German quality Boar Bristles and pearwood handle support. This makes it easy to use and carry when you are traveling for touch ups. It is a compact size brush that one can carry anywhere in a handbag which is always great to have with beard brushes. The handle also makes it easy for you to have a good grip while brushing.
When you use such beard brushes, it helps spread oils in your beard and there won’t be any build up. The premium quality hair bristles help spread oils in the skin underneath the beard which make your beard softer and easy to shape. Additionally, you do not need to worry about the firmness of the hair of these beard brushes. It’s firm beard brush bristles solve all the tangles and make your beard uniform, allowing you to try different beard styles.
This brush also works with any beard type which is why it is the best beard brush for long beards. The hair bristles of such beard brushes to aid in spreading carrier oils or beard balms evenly across the board. It can be used as a mustache brush as well.
The pear wood handle makes sure that the brush also acts as a styling agent. The only thing that might concern you as a user is that it is the little high price tag compared to other products in the market. But if you ever got a German product then you know that it is worth the money and best beard brushes definitely are. Probably the best beard brush you can buy in the market for grooming regimen.
- High-quality Boar Bristles and Pearwood
- Works well with all beard lengths, especially long beards
- Also helps in spreading beard oils and balms
- A little high priced compared to other products
Diane Original Military Beard Brush
This is the second-best beard brush in Canada on our list from one of the top beard brush brands. As the name of the brush suggests, it is a brush with great quality and toughness. Some brushes in the market focus on the quality of bristles while the company focuses on the wood grip as well as the bristles at the same time so you can have the best quality beard.
This brush is supported by good quality wood that prevents it from cracking or breaking. It also gives the users a good grip to hold and use the brush. Moving to talk about bristles, they are heavy-duty. It helps penetrate the roots of facial hair without scratching the skin underneath. The bristle spacing is also an important thing to consider. This brush has a defined bristle spacing that ensures the tracking of styles and beard quality.
The advanced bristle plantation technology prevents bristle loss and ensures a long life of brush. It comes in a box that can be used as a storage container for grooming tool to prevent any damage to the grooming brush. This brush works best with medium and coarse hair because it will remove all the knots and tangles, making the beard smooth. It can be used as a mustache brush as well.
Reviews of this product complain that it does not work that well if you have long beard length. This is a thing you need to consider before buying this brush. But this product is well priced, making it an affordable product to have in your daily grooming routine.
- Good price for great quality
- Effective Bristle Spacing
- Heavy-duty wooden grip
- Doesn’t work that well with a longer beard lengths
Rocky Mountain Barber Company Beard Brush
You might have recognized this company because, in almost every one of our blogs, this company’s products make space. They are one of the most reputed companies for beard grooming products. You can check them out in our different blogs.
There is a list of advantages that Rocky Mountain’s beard brush brings to the table. Starting with the quality, this brush is made with the finest quality of natural hair boar bristles. Bristles are softer than other brushes but that does not mean the quality is degraded. It is very effective in removing all the knots and the snags.
The look of this brush is an experience in itself. The black finish defines it to be a men’s grooming product. The soft bristles hair brush works well with all beards from short to long. The 100% boar bristles make it easy for you to brush your beard and they are not like synthetic bristles that can break easily. These hair brushes are made to shape the unruly beard and bring the attention it deserves.
There are endless features that make this brush one of the best beard brushes on the market. It also has contour edging that makes it flow easily through the beard, and make it easy for you to apply oil or beard balm. The contour edging enables it to work well with roots and remove all the dead skin cells, dandruff, etc. ultimately making the beard smoother and providing relief from beard itch.
As said earlier there are endless advantages of buying this boars hair beard brush. The only thing that you might want to consider before buying this type of hair beard brushes is that some reviewers complain that the bristles keep falling out in the early stages of usage. Additionally, this hair brush is priced a little high compared to others. Overall, one of the best beard care products for your beard care routine.
- 100% Boar hairs
- Contour edging
- Easy to use with no snags and irritation
- Bristles might fall in the early stages of usage
- A little high priced compared to other products in this category
Seven Potions Beard Brush
A brush made to serve its customers the best experience. That is true, seven potions beard brush is one of the best available on the market and that is why it is our favorite brush too. This brush is made with 100% first-cut boar hair brush in the pearwood body. This all proves that it is an amazing quality brush. Now you might be wondering what does first cut mean?
The first cut means that the bristles are made of hairs that come from the animal body and not from the tips where the hairs are more sensitive and can easily be lost. So, it just means that the brush brings the stiffness that is important to remove all the tangles and knots on facial hair.
The proper density of these bristles makes sure that it works well with deep parts of the beard, especially roots. Also, the pearwood back allows the bristle beard brush to have an amazing grip. This grip will allow you to massage through your beard and remove all the itchiness, dandruff, etc.
This brush also works well with all beard types and so it is an important tool to have in your grooming kit. Talking about the length, it is easy to carry a tool that makes your lives easier. The company is well trusted in beard-related products because other products like beard balm it makes are the best sellers on Amazon.
The only thing that is important to note over here is that some reviewers with long beards complain that it doesn’t work well with long beards and gets stuck when they are brushing their beards. And all beard experts would suggest you buy the brush that is perfect for your beard.
- First cut boar bristles
- Pearwood back for amazing grip and support
- Helps remove dandruff and impurities from beard
- Some reviewers on Amazon complain that it doesn’t work that well with longer beards
What is a Beard Brush And What Does It Do?
Beard brush is a tool that is used for conditioning and cleaning a beard. It is used to treat curly beards and remove all beard dandruff from the beard, which will lead to reduced itchiness. Working hard all day leaves no attention to your beard and so it has tiny dirt particles in it, but using a brush will remove all this dirt and make your beard easier to comb.
Starting to use a beard brush in the early stages of the beard also promotes facial hair growth. This is because the brush has small bristles stuck to it, which will help you massage your beard and increase blood flow to those hair follicles.
There are many other things that a beard brush does to your beard. One of them being, it helps spread beard oil to your beard. Applying oil to deeper parts of your beard can be laborious. Using a beard brush makes the application process easier as you just have to rub the brush on the beard.
In the early stages of growth, facial hairs are usually curly. So using a brush will reduce the curly and rough texture, which will make it easy for you to shape your beard.
According to some beard experts in the field, a brush is used in earlier stages of facial hair growth, while a beard comb is used in later stages. The reason is that the brush will train your hair follicles to grow in a specific direction, then you can use a beard combs to shape it to perfection, or else it can result in split ends and other problems. The important thing to focus on here is that it protects and trains the hair follicles.
Beard Brush vs Beard Comb
Now one might be wondering what’s the difference between these products. As said earlier, there are many similar functions both products share, but some differences are still present. Below we have highlighted some general differences between these products-
- Beard combs are used for styling while best beard brushes are used to train your beard hair for styling. Beard hair is coarse in the early stages, that is why it is important to train your facial hairs for future styling purposes. A beard brush cannot be used for styling.
- It is not easy to style a beard using a comb if facial hairs are in every direction. So a beard brush will lead to all the facial hairs in one direction.
- A beard brush lifts facial hair away from the skin, while a beard comb pushes hair downward
- Experts say beard brush is used in earlier stages of beard growth, generally the first two months. While beard comb is used once beard hairs have a considerable length, usually after 2-3 months.
Both products are used for different purposes, so there is no best choice. If you have just started to grow your beard, then it might be right to start with a brush. But as said, there is no bad choice from both products.
Also, prices for both products are usually the same so that is not in question here. You need to keep certain things in mind before buying a brush, which is highlighted below.
How To Use Beard Brush in 5 Steps?
It is important to know how to brush your beard because that is what it is all about. Afterall one should know the right way to do a thing if he is gonna use it every day.
Once every day should do the work, but if you do more than that, then there would be few consequences. We won’t bore you by listing all the negative effects of over-brushing, here because you are smart enough to figure it out yourself. So let’s jump into the using process.
- Decide when to use it– It is an important consideration to decide a time that you can use a beard brush every day. Generally, people use it in the mornings after a shower, because that is when they apply all the beard grooming products. Additionally, one can use beard oil before using a beard brush for the best results. A quality brush will help you spread beard oil evenly through the beard and allow you to get a quality beard.
- Start brushing beard after applying oil, for easy flow of the brush– Start brushing the bottom part of the beard using soft bristles. Then slowly move upwards to cheeks and the upper part of the face.
- Go slow with knots, tangles, and other obstacles– pulling through obstacles won’t clear it. So go slow over these parts and try to solve the knots and tangles, without pulling hair. This step will also reduce itchiness and dandruff.
- Make sure your beard is just moist and not wet– a wet beard has a lot of loose hair, so brushing while it’s wet will increase the hair loss. So just make your beard moist and not wet.
- Clean your brush – After brushing facial hair, one can just put the brush on the side. But it is important to clean it every 10 days or similar to remove all the waste materials that hand on synthetic bristles. One can just dip the brush in a mixture of beard shampoo and water for 15 minutes, and then dry it.
This is just a general guideline. You can alter one of these steps to fit your needs. We would also love to know how you use your beard brush. Contact us to share any advice!
Before you buy the best beard comb, there are certain things to keep in mind. These are pointers that will make your buying process easy. So here is our advice to you as a buyer-
- Quality should match the price– This is the most common thing to keep in mind before buying a product. Sometimes people end up paying large amounts of money for something of really less quality. So, buy a beard brush that matches the quality. A high-quality product does not necessarily mean it is expensive. Similarly, a cheap product does not mean that it is bad quality.
- The material of the beard brush– There are three materials from which the brush is made. First is bamboo, which is comparatively good quality but not as good as wood. Second is wood which is one of the best quality brushes. The only problem is that it might not work that well with water. Third is plastic, which is usually cheap and not as good quality as wood, but the only advantage is that they are water-resistant.
- Bristles material– Bristles can be made of synthetic or natural material. Beard brushes that are made of natural material can be either boar bristles or horse hair. We like natural ones better because of the better experience it brings. While synthetic ones are also good because of low maintenance needs.
- Buy a brush that meets your needs– If you are looking for a comb that is stiff then boar’s hair brushes are a better option. Accordingly, if you want any other quality or material then buy a comb that meets your needs. Stiff bristles are better because it will make it easy for you to clean your beard.
- Grip– Every brush has a different grip associated with it. If you are looking for a comb with a better grip then look for one that has a grip. There are many combs with big handles, which will make it easy for you to brush facial hair, especially long beards.
1. Do beard brushes work?
Beard Brushes is a must-have tool in your beard grooming kit. For sure they work well with beards. Best beard brushes help remove tangles from the beard and help tame unruly beard hair. They act as an agent to remove dandruff and itchiness from the beard. Also, best beard brushes are an aid in applying beard oil and beard balms to deeper parts of the beard.
2. Why use a boar bristle brush on a beard?
Answer: These bristles are stiff and carry an amazing quality. They help go into the roots of hair follicles and deliver you an amazing massage experience. There are other bristles materials that can be used like synthetic, plastic, etc. but they are not as good as boar bristles which act as a cleaning and massaging agent for the beard follicles and skin underneath the beard.
3. How do you use a boar bristle beard brush?
Using a boar hair bristles brush is an important skill to have. Above in the user guide, we have highlighted a detailed guide on how to use the best beard brushes efficiently. It starts by deciding a time where you are going to use a brush. It can be in the morning after a shower when your beard is moist. Then you can start using a brush in the bottom parts of the beard, then move upwards onto cheeks and deeper parts of the beard.
4. How often should you brush your beard?
No matter how good of a brush you use for your beard, it is important to understand the fact that brushing your beard more than a couple of times a day can be harmful to it.
If you keep brushing your beard, it will create a lot of unnecessary problems. It can harm the follicle and cause damage to the cells. It can lead to breakage and unruly hair. Even if you use a brush that has a soft bristle, it can still cause damage when you brush beard often. There is always a limit to everything and excess of anything is bad for the beard.
This blog helped you know more about the best beard brush Canada. We taught you what a beard brush does, how to use it, and then a guide on how to choose the best beard brushes. Then we gave you a list of 4 best beard brushes that one can buy in 2020.
If you have any questions about the best beard brushes, then please contact us and we would love to hear from you. If you would like to get such informative blogs directly in your inbox, do subscribe to us.
Last update on 2020-09-30 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API