It is a fact that what the best beard balm can do, no other product is capable of doing it. Along with moisturizing and nourishing beard and skin underneath it like beard oil, it also manages to tame, shape, and style your beard like beard wax.
Though it offers so much at a budget-friendly price, it still manages the quality. The question you might have is which is the best beard balm? And it is common, out of ample beard grooming products to choose from, it becomes a daunting task.
With 48 hours of research and analysis, we were able to sort out the top 7 beard balms that are best in quality and made with natural ingredients.
The research includes:
- Personal experience with two of the products
- Ways to maximize the benefits
- Anything that can be done post applying beard balm
So, keep reading the article and unveil the beard balms from different brands.
In A Hurry? Here are Our Top 3 Picks
- Fast Melt Infusion Technology
- Suitable for all Beard Colors
- Versatile for multiple lookd
- Money-Back Guarantee
- Scent: Tea Tree & Coconut
- No greasy beard
- tames and controls your unruly beard
- Works on Oily Hair Type
- Non Greasy
- Shine Enhancing Formula
- Support Beard Growth
- Tames Wild Beard
- Locks in Moisture
- Eliminates Beard Flakes & Itchy Skin
Table Of Content
- 7 Best Beard Balms
- What is a Beard Balm?
- Why Use a Beard Balm?
- Beard Balm vs Beard Oil vs Beard Wax
- Can I Use Beard Balm Oil or Wax at the Same Time? Does it Even Matter?
- Applying Steps
- Buyer’s Guide
- Beard Balm Before and After
Best Beard Balm For Your Beard
With thousands of beard balms available in the market, it is hard to choose one specific product. So with our research, we have listed the 7 best beard balms, from which, you have to choose one that is good for you. Go through reviews of each balm before buying it and then make a decision.
Prophet Beard Balm Conditioner
- Thicken hairs: It treats split ends, reduces painful irritations, eliminates nasty flakes, promotes healthy faster beard growth.
- All-Natural: 100% organic, 0% Alcohol, and Animal Cruelty-free
- Scent: a mouth-watering scent
- Brings back the lost shine of your beard
- Treats patchy beard
- Makes hair soft and easily shapeable
- Blend of all-natural ingredients and oils
We begin our list with one of the best beard balms in the market. It is specifically designed for mild hold and to promote thicker growth. Besides, being non-oily and non-greasy make it a great beard balm to work on sensitive skin, too.
The reason this balm is one of the top beard balms is because of its fast-melting action. When the balm is rubbed between your hands, it melts quite easily, and so makes it easy for you to apply it to your beard. Also, it quickly absorbs by your facial hair and skin underneath it.
Apart from this, it has shea butter that provides shea moisture, which is one of its key ingredients that is great for your beard!
Prophet and Tools with core values of quality, innovation, and customer satisfaction strive to deliver premium products to men all around the world. They started the company by selling their Beard oil back in 2015 and have expanded their base to many different products.
Shea Butter, Beeswax, Oils: Jojoba Golden, Argan, Sweet Almond, Apricot, Castor, Vitamin E, Emu, Tamanu.
Argan and almond oils are great for your facial hair because they promote growth and reduce beard dandruff.
All the essential nutrients it carries bring a great peachy smell to it. Additionally, Vitamin E oil will make your facial hair roots stronger.
The only thing that might stop you to buy this product is that this oil carries nuts, and so if you are allergic to any nuts, then you might need to consider another option.
According to research, essential oils are made from some of the nuts, and so they promote overall beard health. But due to the danger of allergies, it is better to take precautions for people allergic to nuts.
- All-natural and Organic
- Promotes Growth and Shininess
- Softens beard to easily shape
- Contains nuts, and so may not be perfect for every person
Rocky Mountain Barber Beard Balm
- Control: Treats itchiness and offers control to shape and shine beard
- Ingredients: All-natural oils and organic ingredients featuring over 8 essential oils
- Scent: Provides masculine scents
- All-natural ingredients
- Ultimate styling control
- Treats itchiness and promotes beard shine
- Easy to carry
Second, on our list is a balm for scent lovers. It offers a pleasant and masculine fragrance. The beard balm is not only scented with cedarwood but also brings ultimate styling control with itself.
Some people have a tough time every single day with their long beards, only because it doesn’t shape as they want it.
Rocky Mountain Barber brings this beard balm, which is made in North America with the best natural and organic ingredients.
Believing that every beard has a story behind it, Rocky Mountain Company identified an eager need to change the beard market by innovating and making new products that will help people tell their stories.
All their products including beard balm goes a long way to get inspired by nature. With their small batch production approach, they try to deliver quality over quantity.
This beard balm contains a cedarwood fragrance, which is obtained from cedarwood oil. It is an essential oil that hydrates and moisturizes the skin. It also contains all the essential vitamins and minerals that your beard needs on a day-to-day basis.
This cold compress contains ingredients like Grape Seed Oil, Coconut Oil, Jojoba Oil, Argan Oil, Cedarwood Essential Oil, Lavender Essential Oil, Tea Tree Essential Oil, BeesWax, and Shea Butter.
You can trust this balm for your beards because the company ensures that no chemicals are used in production.
With all the benefits, the only thing that some people might be concerned about is if the cedarwood smell is too strong?
Honestly speaking, it depends on personal preference. People who are into the nature-smells would love this beard balm, while others might get bored with the same smell.
- Cedarwood Scent
- Amazing quality with essential oils
- Supreme control
- Scent can be too strong for some people
The B.I.G. Company Beard Balm
- Tames facial hair: Controls stray hair and tames curly beard hair
- Non-greasy and Non-sticky: Brings smoothness and softness
- Scent: Spice scent
- Promotes facial hair growth without beard itch
- All-new spice scent
- Helps curly hair transit to smooth hair
- Treats Stray hair
Tired of all the stray hair? Need a change from curly hair? It brings all these characteristics to it. Through their extensive research, the company found that people are bored with the natural scents, and they need a change from that, so they made this beard balm with a new spice scent.
Heart and soul of the company, BIG stands for Being Incredible Gentlemen. With the only aim to deliver quality, the company tries to manufacture products that are made from all-natural premium ingredients and natural oils. The company tries to make men better gentlemen by improving their beards.
The spiced scent of beard balm untangles frizzy hair and cures the stray facial hair. Working well also with curly hair, this beard balm ultimately brings the desired smoothness to your beard. By supplying everything your beard needs, this balm hydrates and moisturizes your beard, and cures beard dandruff.
Beeswax, shea butter, argan oil, jojoba oil, vitamin E oil, and executive spice fragrance, which is mild for your skin as it is tough controlling stubble.
Although, the only thing that some reviewers complain about this product is that sometimes it doesn’t provide the required hold unlike other balms in the market.
So, if you are buying beard balm for the hold, then there are other fishes in the market, but if you want an amazing smell and curly hair treatment, then this should be your pick.
- Treats curly and stray hair
- Spice scent and promotes facial mane growth
- According to some reviewers, doesn’t provide the required hold
Honest Amish Beard Balm
- Tames facial hair: softens coarse and rogue hairs
- Stops itchiness: promotes hair growth
- All-natural: All Natural -Vegan-Friendly Organic Oils and Butters
- Hand made with all-natural ingredients
- Softens coarse and rogue beard hairs
- Promotes growth and curing itch at the same time
- The Most Trusted Brand for Beards in the World
Accompanying the best beard oil in the market, Honest Amish is back with another product, which is a leave-in conditioner beard balm.
It is the best product from Honest Amish that delivers the best men’s grooming products in the world. Being one of the premium beard balms on our list, this product brings all the features you can expect from a grooming product.
Check out our detailed review on Honest Amish beard balm.
With a shop in Western Pennsylvania, Honest Amish carefully crafts the highest quality handmade soaps, beard balms & waxes, salves, lip balms, licorice, and products using only 100% natural, organic, and sustainable ingredients.
With all sustainable materials used in packaging, the Honest Amish’s hand-made balm comes stuffed with a rights reserved blend of hair strengthening botanicals infused in a base of virgin argan, avocado, almond oil, virgin pumpkin tree seed oil, and apricot kernel oils.
All these essential oils goes a long way in a relationship with beard itch. Not only it cures beard itch, but also promotes hair growth by supplying vitamin e. Argan oil prevents hair fall and dandruff.
With a refund policy in place, Honest Amish guarantees 100% satisfaction. The balm is soft and easy to apply to your beard.
By using your hands to apply it, this balm can start showing results from the first week and make you look like a true gentleman.
- All-natural and organic ingredients
- Top-quality hand-crafted product
- 100% satisfaction or money back offered
- People with a nut allergy need to test it first
Smooth Viking Beard Balm
- Makes styling easy: Comes with superior hold
- Light-weight: It is made with a mess-free formula
- All-natural: Contains essential oils like Olive Oil, Beeswax, Safflower Seed Oil
- Makes shaping easy
- Thickens facial hair and promotes growth
- Mess-free and ideal for mustache too
Looking for a mess-free and ideal beard balm also for your mustache? Viking Beard hair is the perfect choice for that kind of need. This beard balm is a leave-in wax conditioner with shea butter and argan oil, which is a perfect solution to solve all your beard problems without a brush or a trimmer.
Not only this balm is perfect for beard growth, but it also contains vitamins and minerals that will thicken your beard without irritation and encourage beard growth. Shea butter and argan oil are two of the most ideal cosmetic ingredients for skin and hair.
Established in 2014, Smooth Viking wanted to change the men’s grooming products market by offering products with unique ingredients. The thing we like about this product is that not only it works great with a beard but also helps shape the mustache easily.
This all-natural beard balm is one of the best on the market because it contains a mixture of all essential oils that your beard deserves, which includes oils like pumpkin seed oil, tree oil, etc. It helps in thickening your beard ultimately treating beardruff.
Plus, a beard balm leave-in conditioner doesn’t require you to wash it off and lets you get a good hold.
The ingredient list includes avocado oil, safflower oil, sweet almond oil, jojoba oil, pumpkin seed oil, argan oil, and shea butter for the best results.
Reviewers say that this beard balm does what it is supposed to do, but the scent is unpleasant for some people. They say it smells rather heavy and smokey, which is sometimes irritating.
But overall, it is a great product. Plus, the pumpkin seed oil protects the beard from external damage as well.
- Thickens facial hair while avoiding the fuss
- Makes shaping easy with all-natural ingredients
- Ideal for mustache
- According to some reviewers, it smells heavy and smokey
Seven Potion’s Beard Balm
- Scent: Cedarwood and Sandalwood scent
- Reduces Split Ends: Stops beard itch, reduces beard split ends and helps with dandruff
- All-natural: Organic ingredients and essential oils
- All-natural and no animal testing
- Cures beard itching, split ends, and beardruff
- Makes hair non-greasy and shiny
- Helps to shape the beard
Why not buy a product that smells excellent while providing all the necessary features for your beard? This sandalwood beard balm is one of the best beard balms in the market not because of all it does to your beard, but because it brings the woodland scent to it, which is made from the blend of cedarwood and sandalwood oil.
To make sustainable and cruelty-free products, seven potions started to make premium grooming products for men, which has ingredients from chosen suppliers that fulfill the list of criteria to deliver an ultimate perfect product.
Their rights reserved formula to make this one of the top balms takes care of your beard by supplying all it needs. Especially it contains coconut oil that stimulates facial hair growth by getting deep into its hair follicle.
Coconut oils also promote scalp health by fighting against such problems as insect bites, lice, and dandruff. Also, it contains peach kernel oil, which thickens your hair and promotes growth.
Carrier oils like Coconut Oil, Palm Oil, Jojoba Wax, Peach Kernel Oil, Cocoa Butter, Avocado Butter, Vitamin E. Lastly Cedarwood and Sandalwood scents are mind-blowing.
The thing that you need to consider before buying this balm is temperature. If stored in places with high heat, then it will make the balm smell worse. Secondly, some people may find it expensive as compared to other similar products in the market.
- Makes your beards itch-free
- Dandruff-free and cures split ends
- All-natural and no animal testing
- High care needed regarding temperature
- High-priced compared to other products
Honest Amish Heavy Duty Balm
- Scent: All-natural scent – The Old Fashioned
- Tames Beard: Softens and Conditions, Tames Unruly Beard Hairs
- All-natural: No petrochemicals – All natural and organic
- Hand made with all-natural ingredients
- Softens coarse and rogue beard hairs
- Superior control
- The Most Trusted Brand for Beards in the World
Are you one of the few who wish to have control and beard growth together? Then, this one is definitely for you.
Honest Amish heavy-duty beard balm is similar in many ways to the regular Amish beard balm, but the only difference with this one is that it provides superior control. Made with the finest organic oils and kinds of butter blended to create this magnificent conditioning beard balm.
This beard balm carries an old fashion smell with it, which comes from all the key ingredients. Coming in a 2-ounce aluminum tin, this beard balm will mostly last for about one month for regular users. Just to be clear, this is a beard leave-in conditioner and not a wax, which will soften and condition your beard.
It is a great product only for people who prefer a balm with superior control, otherwise, it is similar to the company’s regular balm which is also all-natural and sustainable.
Argan, Golden Jojoba, virgin avocado, grape seed, virgin pumpkin seed, and apricot oils, etc.
- Tames unruly whiskers
- Refreshing subtle scent
- Top-quality nourishing ingredients
- Hold not strong enough for basic styling
What is a Beard Balm?
Beard Balm is simply a leave-in beard care product that helps increase the shine, smoothness, and growth of your beard.
Mostly, it is made from the best natural ingredients and natural oils like coconut oil, almond oil, etc.
These ingredients are to nourish your facial hair by making the roots stronger, allowing you to shape it the way you want. It will make it easy for you to trim your beard as well.
Beard balms can be scented or unscented depending on the brand. No balm is good or bad, it is just based on personal preferences regarding smell.
Additionally, most beard balms are suitable for everyone, which means that they mostly won’t cause any allergies.
Though there are some balms in the market which contain artificial and chemical ingredients, the products recommended by us are 100% all-natural and healthy for your skin. Know more about beard balm in our dedicated blog!
Why Use a Beard Balm?
Who doesn’t want a healthy or shiny beard? After all, beards are the most important components of men’s fashion, so everyone wishes that they have a wonderful beard that will help them attract attention.
Top beard balms in the market promote beard shine and smoothness, while also ensuring some growth. Using beard balm will mainly help you shape your beard easily along with other benefits.
The best feature beard balms come with is that they bring a great natural smell to your beard, which will make your beard scented. The reason why the beard balm can hold your facial hair is the inclusion of beeswax, which is extracted from the bee’s body.
Beeswax mixed with some other key ingredients provides a similar hold to your beard, making it easy for you to shape your beard.
But what is the difference between beard oil, beard balm, and beard wax? This leads us to the next section.
Beard Balm vs Beard Oil vs Beard Wax
It is really hard to tell what product a person might have applied by just looking at their beard. But these 3 products have some major differences between them.
When looking at beard balm and beard oil, one can tell the difference by saying that beard oil is liquid, while beard balm is thicker like clay. But when it comes to Beard wax, it is really hard to tell the difference between a balm, pomade, and wax.
Generally speaking, Beard wax is made from beeswax, not shea butter, which brings some stickiness to it. On the other hand, beard balm has shea butter in it which feels smooth.
What is Beard Balm?
- Beard balm, as mentioned earlier, is a leave-in product made with natural ingredients, mostly like shea butter or cocoa butter.
- It is similar to lip-balm, which you apply to your lips to avoid dryness. Beard balm is a smooth clay-like substance that you rub in your hand before applying it.
- It is mostly scented with different smells.
- It brings shine to your beard and makes it easy for you to shape it.
How Beard Oils are Different?
- Beard oils are liquid and generally, you have to use a dropper to apply them.
- They are mostly made from different carrier oils like seed oil, jojoba oil, and many more
- It also brings shine and smoothness to your beard, but the key thing they do is promote beard hair growth.
- Amazon Beard oil can be scented or unscented with a thousand different options available.
What is Beard Wax?
- Beard wax is a thick substance that is mainly used to keep long beard hairs in place.
- As mentioned earlier, it is mainly made from beeswax.
- It helps to shape the mustache and beard.
- Wax is more sticky compared to balm.
Can I Use Beard Balm Oil or Wax at the Same Time? Does it Even Matter?
There is no reason why you cannot use 2 or more products at the same time, but you have to find the best combination that supplies all essential nutrients to your facial hair while making sure not to overuse it.
For instance, if you decide to use beard oil and beard balm at the same time, then you can find the best schedule to use it. Like, using beard oil after a shower to make hair roots stronger and promoting growth, and using beard balm when getting dressed to shape your beard.
Make sure to check out our Beard oil page where we have narrowed the 10 Best beard oil amazon offers.
So, now you have decided to buy a Beard Balm, but the question is how to apply balm?
But before we jump into the 4 essential steps to apply your beard balm, there is an important decision you have to make, which is when to apply it.
As a beard care product user, you have to fix a beard care routine when you would use it, so in the case of Beard Balm, most people would apply it in the morning.
We recommend you apply it after a shower because at that time your face is moist and clean from dust.
At this time, because of the moist face, all the pores in the skin would be open, and so the skin would absorb all the natural oils and natural ingredients supplied by beard balm.
The Applying Process-
- Take some of the balms from the tin in your hand, the quantity required is different for everyone and depends on beard size. As a rule of thumb, when using beard balm more quantity is required compared to beard oil.
- Start rubbing the balm in your hands and do it until it is fully spread like water in your hands.
- Start massaging it in your beard and make sure it is within the reach of all the hair follicles. The best way to massage beard balm is to start from the front (cheeks) and then move towards the back and then the bottom of the beard.
- Finally, wash your hands and then use a beard comb to shape your beard and make it look clean. If you don’t have a beard comb yet, then make sure to check out our blog on it.
Before you buy a beard balm, we have some tips we would like to share with you, which would make the selection process easy and help you choose the best beard balm for your wonderful beard.
Here are some useful tips to know before buying a beard balm-
- Always pick the beard balm that contains a blend of carrier and essential oils along with natural ingredients, such as jojoba oil, seed oil, tea tree oil, almond oil, aloe, cocoa, and apricot kernel. So, it is good to make sure that you are not allergic to any of these oils or nutrients.
- Choose the balm that is only made of natural ingredients and is free from any artificial products.
- Make sure that your beard balm does what you expect it to do. For instance, if you want it to treat your beardruff, then it should help you reduce it.
- Buy a balm according to your concentration and hold preferences- as balms are made with beeswax, they can have different concentrations, so it is good to buy a balm that can give the hold you are expecting.
Beard Balm Before and After
Anyone can tell a difference between before and after using beard balm. Before, the beard is messy and curly and has patches of hair, but after using it looks uniform around the face.
Well, Well!! This is the end of the journey of best beard balms. In this blog, we told you all about beard balms, how to use them, what difference between beard balms and different products.
Finally, we ended the article by giving you a list of the top 7 beard balms in the market and detailed reviews for every product.
If you have any questions please feel free to ask them below in the comment sections and we will try to get back to you as soon as possible.
1. What do You Use Beard Balm For?
Beard balm is used to make it easy for you to shape your beard. It also helps nourish it by providing key nutrients and ingredients like sweet almond oil or tea tree oil to your beards. Lastly, the best beard balms fulfill one common role, which is to treat stray ends and make your beard uniform.
2. What’s Best Beard Balm or Oil?
Both serve some common and some different functions for your beard. Beard balm is more for hold and controls your beards, while also hydrating and moisturizing your beard. Beard oils promote facial mane growth and treat itchiness. It also hydrates and moisturizes the beard. There is no best one, it depends on what kind of usage.
3. Do Beard Balms Work?
Best Beard Balms work with all kinds of beards. It provides the beard a matte kind of look by making it easy for you to shape. Anyone can tell a difference between before and after using beard balm. Before the beard is messy and curly and has patches of hair, but after using it looks uniform around the face.
Taking care of your beard is a difficult task as it gets affected by various factors. It is good to choose the right product, which can protect and serve your beard’s needs. Also, check out how to make beard balm at home if you want to be creative!
We hope this beard guide by Tomfw has helped to choose the right item for you. If you enjoyed reading our blog, do share your feedback with us through our contact us page. You can subscribe to us as well to get such blogs directly to your inbox for informative reading on the latest grooming products.