I know what you are thinking, Beard oils are expensive. You are right, Beard grooming can get expensive especially when you have to buy them every month. Beard Oil Recipe is just a mixture of a few key ingredients, and that’s how the beard companies make money.
Best Beard Oils are really hard to find, that meets all your needs. So, why not make your own beard oil using carrier oils and essential oils. A Homemade Beard Oil Recipe can be successfully completed by just following some steps highlighted below. In this blog, we will start by discussing why to make beard oil at home, then move on to beard oil recipes.
Table Of Content
Why you need a Beard Oil Recipe?
It is important to understand one’s motive behind making beard oil at home. There are many things that a person might consider before starting a DIY Beard Oil recipe. Motives are different for every person behind making a beard oil rather than buying Best Beard Oils. Below we have highlighted some general advantages of DIY Beard Oil.
Ready to use beard oils are usually small bottles that last no more than a month (depending on use). So if you see, beard oil can cost you more then 100 dollars per year. Is it worth it? That depends on your pocket size, if you can afford it then please don’t make it at home unless you like discovering new products. DIY beard oil recipe is very cost-effective, which takes almost 50-60 dollars a year, very less when compared to ready to use beard oil. Why not save money and use it on other important things?
Can be customized
Another advantage of making beard oil at home is that you can customize it according to your needs. There are some ingredients in a beard oil that you are allergic to, so just exclude those from your recipe. For instance, if you don’t like coconut oil in your beard grooming products then it is easy to just exclude it. There are hundreds of different carrier oils and essential oil available in the market, that you can use to avoid allergies.
It is even easy when one can alter the fragrance in his product. That’s right, by just changing essential oils mixture, fragrances can be altered too. This is the main advantage of DIY Beard Oil, which is it can be customized to fit in your needs circle.
Ownership of product remains to you
When we discover something and then use it in our day to day life, then there is a sense of accomplishment that we feel. That feeling is the best one because after all, you know what the product contains. Secondly, when a consumer buys a product, all he is worried about is what if the product presents false claims. But that is not the case with DIY beard oils, where the ownership is limited to you.
What do you need for the DIY Beard Oil Recipe?
Unlike Beard Balm recipe, where you need a bunch of other main ingredients, beard oil recipe just needs 2 ingredients which is carrier oils and essential oils. So first, we would tell you what are these oils and then we would go into some examples from which you can choose some.
What are Carrier Oils?
Carrier oils are plant obtained products that serve many functions. They help moisturize your beard, soften the beard, reduce dandruff and itchiness. They also act as anti-aging products while reducing skin acne problems. Generally, some people are allergic to one or other carrier oils, so it is important to choose the right one that will work well with your skin. Below we have highlighted some of the most used carrier oils, and some information on them.
Argan oil is a 100% organic product that works well with all skin types, especially sensitive skin. It moisturizes skin, treats acne and oily skin while also promoting hair growth. Argan oils make skin softer and are easily available to buy from Amazon. This cold-pressed certified oil is best for the skin.
Jojoba oil is mostly found in all beard oils because of the advantages it brings to the beard. It is similar to the oils we use in our day to day lives, but there are additional things that it does. Jojoba oil is the main carrier oil that treats acne for sure. It works well will all skin types and reduces itchiness. Jojoba oil also reduces beard dandruff. You can check out the best jojoba oil on Amazon.
Sweet Almond Oil is a must-have oil, if your beard is too itchy, not only it reduced itchiness, but it also works well with the skin underneath the beard. You can buy sweet almond oil from Amazon too, they have the best quality ones.
Coconut Oil is one of the best moisturizing and skin smoothing products that works well with every type of skin and beard. It can be used as a diluting agent for other carrier oils because of its stable nature. Coconut oil also promotes growth and reduces dandruff.
Avocado oil– Reduces wrinkles on the face and acts as an anti-aging agent. It will make your skin smooth and make it look fresh. You can buy Avocado oil from Amazon.
Below we have highlighted a small list of other carrier oils that you can use-
- Hemp seed
- Borage Oil
- Peanut Oil
- Pecan OIl
- Rose Hip Oil
- Sesame oil
- Cocoa butter oil
- Grapeseed oil
- Walnut Oil
- Olive Oil
- Castor Oil
What Are Essential Oils?
Essential oils are just another type of oil, similar to carrier oils. But unlike carrier oils that achieve many functions, essential oils are just there for amazing fragrances. Though they achieve some minor functions, their presence takes your beard oil to another level.
Similar to carrier oils, there are many types of essential oils. Selection depends on personal taste about fragrances, so we do not like to bore you by listing oils that you do not like. We recommend that you go through Amazon for the best options for essential oils. They have got a wide amount of oils, which will make your shopping easier.
Amazon also has this kit available which basically carries many different oils in small quantities. Essential oils are better if combined with other oils because that will make your beard oil DIY unique. So when you buy this kit, and then mix different oils which will give you the best results.
Now you might be wondering, what else essential oils do? They do many small things to your beard and skin underneath. Firstly, mostly all of them are rich in Vitamin E that acts as a preservative and makes your beard oil last longer and helps avoid spoilage. Essential oils also act as anti-bacterial products. This will reduce beard dandruff and itchiness. So, essential oils cannot be avoided from your beard oil because they are an excellent source of fragrance at the same time.
Additional Things you need to get started
Certainly, there are other things you need to get started with DIY Beard oil recipe. After all, you do not want to just start mixing oils without knowing what is happening. These things will make the preparation of the recipe much easier. Additionally, they are not hard to buy, because you can get these under 20 dollars. But if you already have these instruments, then there is no need to spend money buying them.
If your carrier and essential oils did not come with droppers then you might want to consider buying a dropper. Using a dropper will make it easy to measure and mix the ingredients, after all, you do not want to put a random quantity of ingredients in your product. Additionally, you would need a dropper to apply beard oil, because it is easy to do so that way. Please don’t use the same dropper for different bottles, because this will change beard oils characteristics and fragrances. Amazon has a set of bottles and dropper that you can buy. The amber bottles can be used to store your beard oil. The color will block sunlight to spoil your beard oil. This kit has 12 bottles and droppers, which will motivate you to try different combinations of carrier and essential oils.
When your ingredients are ready to use, a container like this one is needed to mix them well. Do not try to mix oils directly in a bottle because this will lead to more mess, and you won’t be able to mix them properly. So start by cleaning this pot, and then add appropriate quantities of carrier and essential oils. Then use the appropriate mixing tools to mix them well.
How to make Beard Oil?
Now is the time for which everyone was excited about- Making Beard oil. As listed above, there are two main beard oil ingredients, carrier oils, and essential oils for beards. Now one might think of just mixing the oils to make your own beard oil. But there are still a couple of things to keep in mind before trying different beard oil recipes.
- Start by taking the appropriate quantity of carrier oil into the container that you have sanitized. If you wish you can also mix different carrier oils and try different beard oils. But you need to make sure that the quantity you wish to have, is maintained. For instance, if you plan to have a 2oz bottle of DIY beard oil, then you might decide to have one and a half oz for carrier oils and another half oz for essential oils. Then when you are mixing carrier oils, you know that the total of all the carrier oils should be one and a half, so mix and measure it accordingly. Another thing you can do to have a stable beard oil every time is to write down the quantities you have chosen. One can just put a label on the bottle or maintain a piece of paper to write down your creation or different recipes.
- Then comes this step, where you have to mix essential oils with carrier oils. This step is not too complicated once you have decided the quantities you have to put in. Among the few options available to you for pouring essential oils, the best one is to use a dropper. Most of the droppers come with the quantity scale, which can be helpful for using beard oils. Then according to what you have planned, mix the essential oils or a mixture of different essential oils to carrier oils in the container. For instance, one might choose to have 2 drops of essential oils and 3 drops of carrier oils. This way it will make your lives easier.
- Take a spoon or any tool that can be used for mixing. Just give it a slight stir so all the oils can mix up well. You do not want to stir too much cause this will make it look more like water and not oil. After this, just pour the mixture into the amber bottle. Your beard oil is ready!
Guess what, you just learned how to make oil for beard. That’s an important skill to have!
Beard Oil Recipes
There are thousands of different recipes available on the market. But it is just combination of different carriers and essential oils in a bottle. But that also implies that you need to be extra careful by measuring everything you put into your beard oil.
Below we have highlighted certain combinations that you can give a try. Note that everyone likes different things, so it’s not important that you might like these recipes. The highlighted recipes are collected from general likes and dislikes. If you feel that one ingredient needs to be replaced, then please feel free to give it a try. If it works well then let us know by contacting us.
Simple Coconut Beard Oil with a Spark of Orange
- 5 tablespoon of coconut carrier oil
- 4 drops of sweet orange essential oil
Beverly Hills Recipe For Beard Oil
- 10 mLs of Sweet almond oil
- 10 mLs of Avacado oil
- 10 mLs of jojoba oil
- 5 drops of tea tree oil
- 10 drops of sandalwood oil
- 5 drops of peppermint oil
- 7 drops of juniper essential oils
Toronto Swag Best Beard Oil Recipe
- 20 mLs of jojoba oil
- 5 mLs of coconut oil
- 5 mLs of sweet almond oil
- 2 drops of lavender essential oil
- 3 drops of eucalyptus oil
- 2 drops of rosemary oil
Desert Eagle Beard Oil Recipe
- 15 mLs of almond oil
- 5 mLs of grapeseed oil
- 5 mLs of coconut oil
- 5 drops of Ylang-ylang
- 2 drops of cinnamon cassie
These are some of the recipes we love, obviously, we have not tried every single one of them individually because of lack of resources, but they have been gathered through different research methods. If you like any other recipes, then please contact us and we would love to hear about it.
Tips for DIY Beard Oil
There are certain things to keep in mind while making beard oil. These are some of the tips we have learned from experience of different people.
- Make sure to maintain a quantities paper- Sometimes people make a recipe and they really love it. But when they try to make it next time, it is hard for them to remember the appropriate quantities. So it is important for you to note your recipe somewhere, which will just make your lives easier.
- The concentration of essential oil is an important consideration- Some people can have skin irritation if they use too much essential oils. So it is important for you to use appropriate quantities of essential oils, to avoid skin irritation. It is a good option to try a few drops first, then try on the beard. If it works well then you can add more of that oils for beard growth.
- If you are planning to use the coconut oil that is in a wax-like form then it is important for you to melt it. Otherwise, it will be too hard to mix carrier oil and essential oil. For instance, if you want to mix this solid coconut oil with tea tree oil, then after mixing it will look more like a beard balm recipe.
- Lastly, the best oils for beard are what you think is best. Make something that you will use every day, and most essentially stay happy with it. There is no point in spending money and wasting time if you are not going to use it.
How to Use Beard Oil?
Now comes the part where you start using your beard oil. But the question if how to use it effectively? There are certain steps that you need to perform for good results. Here are some steps highlighted to get the best results
Note that we have just highlighted steps over here, if you want to know more about beard oils like what does beard oil do, how to use them etc. Then you can go to the Best Beard Oils blog where you can get more information.
Here is a guide to the applying process-
- Use a dropper to take some beard oil in your hands and then spread it evenly across your hands.
- Start by applying beard oil to deep parts of the beard so roots can absorb the beard oil, then using the forward action come to the exterior parts of your beard.
- Then take your hand to the neck, where beard oil can be applied to hairs on the neck
- Finally move your hands across mustache too, so mustache hair also gets the essential oil DIY and carrier oil.
The Importance of Making Beard Oil at Home
Trying new things is the importance of science. So if you are mixing different oils and trying out recipes, then you are a scientist. Making a beard oil gives us a pleasure to spend time for ourselves. This would make us happy and a sense of accomplishment will reside between us. It is always fun to learn and understand what you are using in your day to days life.
People who make their own grooming products are noticed to have increased usage and happiness. So we ask you to go out there, get the ingredients, and make your best beard oil. Also, don’t be limited to one or two ingredients.
1. How can I make beard oil at home?
Answer: Making beard oil at home is a really easy process, only if you keep certain things in mind. Beard oil has two main ingredients- carrier oils and essential oils. To make beard oil, just mix carrier and essential oil and your product is ready. But you have to measure appropriate quantities of both oils to make a good beard grooming oil. Too much of essential oil can cause skin irritation, so it important to measure and use.
2. What essential oils are good for beard?
Answer: Essential oils are natural and organic oils that are extracted from different trees. It brings a fragrance to any beard grooming product. There are small things it does, like killing bacteria. But essential oils don’t perform any major function except providing a good smell. So if you see there are no best essential oils for the beard. It depends on personal taste of smell. Every essential oil acts as an anti-bacterial.
3. Do beard oils actually work?
Answer: Beard oils do work great with a beard. There many important things it does to your beard. Beard oils make your beard smoother and also promotes growth. Due to the presence of carrier oil beard will be less itchy and dandruff will be also reduced. The best thing according to reviewers is that beard oil makes beard smoother and easy to comb.
4. How do you make beard oil with essential oils?
Answer: It is really easy to make beard oil with essential oil. A more detailed guide about this can be found in the earlier section about how to make beard oil. But to summarize, carrier oils are mixed with essential oils to get a good beard oil.
In this blog, we highlighted the Beard Oil Recipe Canada. First, we discovered what is beard oil, what it is used for, and gained some information on beard oil ingredients. Then we informed you on topics like how to choose the correct quality and quantity of ingredients. Then we went through the making process, where we gave you a step to step guide. Through our research, we highlighted some recipes that work well with beard.
TomFw also offered some tips to remember when you are making beard oil at home in Canada. Lastly, we answered some of the questions in FAQ section. We hope that you gained a lot of information from this blog, and we would love to hear from you. Feel free to contact us and share some creative ideas that you think might be helpful to other men out there.
To close this guide, remember that a beard is what defines a man, so be sure to maintain it.