Oily skin reminds us of the famous saying, “all that glitters is not gold.” And when the shininess pairs with stickiness, it ruins the whole appearance. It attracts dirt, debris, and other environmental pollutants. All it happens when there is overproduction of sebum oil. Besides, it even causes acne and blackheads – another pain in the ass.
Since both of us suffer from the same skin type, you will benefit from the men’s face washes on the list. All of them are the Best Men’s Face Wash For Oily Skin and have our personal experience and insights. Along with getting rid of oily skin, you will also know what specific skin ailments it will resolve. On top of it, a few tips to avoid oily skin and some commonly asked questions.
So ready to shine but without excessive oil?
Table Of Content
- 6 Best Face Wash for Men with Oily Skin
- Borghese Crema Saponetta Cleanser
- Oars + Alps Solid Face Wash
- Baxter of California Daily Face Wash
- Brickell Men’s Clarifying Gel Face Wash
- Chamuel Face Cleanser
- Jack Black Deep Dive
- How to Choose Men’s Face Wash for Oily Skin?
- Best Practices to Avoid Oily Skin
6 Best Men’s Face Wash For Oily Skin
Crema Saponetta cleanser is one of the finest products of the Italian brand Borghese. It meets the expectations of millions of oily skin guys like you and me. Since the face wash is unisex, both men and women can use it without worrying about overly drying the skin.
What we love is the versatility of the product. The cream-based texture can help you get a deeper clean and even acts as a shaving cream for men. Isn’t it amazing? You get dual effects for which you could have to add two different products.
All the benefits you enjoy are because of natural ingredients:
- Hyaluronic Acid: It mostly benefits dry skin guys since it boosts moisture levels to the skin. However, there is a contribution of hyaluronic acid in balancing sebum oil production as well. In our opinion, it trains your glands to produce a sufficient amount of sebum oil, neither too much nor too oily.
- Sea Salt: It will deep clean your skin pores filled with dirt, debris, and excess oil, which your skin collects throughout the day. Since sebum oil has a sticky substance, oily skin is more prone to pollutants than other skin complexions.
- Chamomile Extract: It contains anti-inflammatory properties that quickly soothe you from painful pimples, acne, or rashes.
- Geranium Oil: It contains antiseptic, anti-microbial, and antibacterial properties that benefit in fighting acne outbreaks, soothing skin irritation, and skin infections.
The face wash from Borghese worked amazingly well on us, and it gently detoxified the facial skin and maintained sebum oil production. Unlike chemical blend skincare products, this one takes time and is expensive, but it’s worth every penny. The cream-based texture lathers up quickly and prepares facial hair for shaving. You can expect an irritation-free shave with this Borghese face wash for oily skin.
The company claims the face wash is free from SES, SLES, phthalates, and paraben. Besides, we found TEA, ammonia, and glycol; however, it didn’t cause any problem even after using three squeeze tubes.
- Suitable to all skin types
- Balances sebum oil production
- Prevents painful acne and pimple
- Leaves skin feeling refreshed and energized
- Quite expensive
- Less harmful ingredients
- Not a travel-friendly product
If you want a product that does cleansing and caters to shaving, add Borghese face wash to your grooming skincare kit. According to us, it is the best cleanser for oily skin men.
Just like Borghese, Oars + Alps is also a giant skincare brand that makes promising products with no harmful ingredients included in them. The best thing about Oars + Alps face wash is it keeps all surface impurities at bay. These impurities pressurize the sebaceous glands to produce more oil than the requirement, which is why most men complain about their skin is oily.
Another benefit of Oars + Alps face wash is it comes in solid stick form that is spill-free and contains a soap bar inside it. The applicator is easy to use; however, it would be difficult to know how much quantity is left. The good thing is that you can carry it anywhere you want, and it won’t stain your duffle or gym bag.
As an oily skin guy, what you will love is the blend of ingredients:
- Corn Starch: Since it removes excess oil, it is one of the key ingredients for oily skin. Undoubtedly, it thickens the viscosity of the face wash, which is why most companies add this to their skincare product. Though it contains antiperspirant properties, it still is harmless.
- Coconut-based Surfactants: It primarily breaks down the oils and acids on the face to gently exfoliate them away from the face.
- Alpine Caribou Moss: Another ingredient that prevents pollutants from settling on your face is Alpine Caribou Moss. The prevention also benefits in not producing excessive oil. Your skin will glow naturally without any artificial shine.
- Activated Charcoal Powder: It is a detoxifying ingredient that even sloughs away dead skin cells. Do you remember how Borghese adds value to your investment by also acting as a shaving cream? Similarly, activated charcoal acts as a face scrub as well. We noticed a clean and clear face post-washing, which happened because of charcoal as a unique ingredient.
- Amazonian Clay: Even if activated charcoal powder fails, the amazonian clay can deep clean your skin pores, removing all the impurities and pollutants from the face.
- Juniper Berries: It is one of the unique ingredients that replicate charcoal when it comes to functionality. Both of them are good at removing dead cells.
- Larch Tree Extracts: It adds moisture level to dry skin complexion.
- Absorbs excess sebum oil
- No artificial shine
- No measurement of quantity left
We consider it as a face scrub and wash since it has ingredients that work both ways. It will control excess oil production and avoid the impurities that force the glands to produce natural oils. It is our second choice when it comes to recommending face wash for oily skin men.
Baxter of California Daily Face Wash
Baxter of California products is always in our shopping cart and product review list. Their selection of ingredients and efficacy are a few reasons we use and review their products regularly.
The Baxter of California daily face wash for men caters to:
- Dark spots
- Dead skin cells
- Excess oil
And did we forget to mention all this without drying the skin? Once you wash your face with this daily cleanser, you will receive a smooth, hydrated, clean, and oil-free face.
Other benefits of the face wash are:
- It requires less to do an elephant-sized job:
The thick and transparent gel-based texture turns into a rich lather when you start to massage it on the skin. Also, it requires a small amount to cover your entire face. Considering the price, we feel it is worth every penny. Also, it lasts for longer, which is important when you heavily invest in a product.
- Safe for sensitive skin types and beards
The specifically formulated face wash caters to different skin varieties. Besides, it is paraben and fragrance-free, which shows how much the company thinks about each skin type. Besides, you don’t need to be clean-shaven to use this face wash; it works well with facial hair, too.
- No dryness issue
Though the Baxter of California face wash aims at sloughing off excess oil with the help of coconut-based agents, it still retains the skin’s natural moisture. All thanks to allantoin and aloe vera that makes it possible.
- Thoroughly hydrates the skin
- No drying issues
- Ideal for sensitive skin
- Prevents acne and other skin ailments
- Quite pricey
- Not a travel-friendly product
If you have sensitive skin and an oily face, try this face wash from Baxter of California. It has got all-natural and organic ingredients that do the task of eliminating oily skin issues effectively.
Brickell Men’s Clarifying Gel Face Wash
It’s the second time that we got a chance to use and review Brickell’s product, but as a customer, we can say that we are highly satisfied. It has got a manly peppermint fragrance that you would smell as you open the bottle – an indicator that the brand specifically caters to men’s skincare. The peppermint also contributes to making your skin feel a cooling effect on application.
On top of it, what makes it a specific face wash for oily skin is the inclusion of natural and organic ingredients.
- Coconut-based cleansers break down dirt and excess oil and effectively remove them from the skin’s surface.
- Geranium contains antiseptic properties, and it does the task of removing impurities.
- Aloe vera hydrates the skin and eliminates acne-causing bacteria.
What we like about the product is you won’t find any mystery ingredients or harsh chemicals. Plus, the company makes separate products for different skin complexions. For instance, this particular gel face wash caters to normal and oily skin, while the purifying charcoal face wash aims at helping sensitive and dry skin.
Lastly, the product isn’t budget-friendly, but it doesn’t require you to use more, so you don’t need to worry about frequent buying. Besides, Brickell also offers a travel-friendly size of this face wash. Just a dime size will make you a foamy Santa, but that will result in oil-free skin.
- Cooling effect on the skin
- Prevent acne
- Masculine scent
- Non-comedogenic properties
- Oil control properties
- Quite expensive for beginners
A natural facial cleanser with a blend of carrier and essential oils without any harmful substances is the perfect sink-side buddy for guys like you and me.
Chamuel Face Cleanser
Along with treating pimples and acne, the Chamuel deep cleansing face wash also removes excess oils, blackheads, and impurities.
All credit goes to the vital ingredients included in this face cleanser:
- Glycolic Acid
As an oily skin guy, this ingredient is my personal favorite after reviewing it meticulously. It has a one-stop solution for multiple skin-related problems. Firstly, it effectively removes excess oil without messing with the skin’s moisture. Secondly, it gently exfoliates the skin, unlike microbeads that cause abrasion on the surface. Moreover, it is non-comedogenic and also contributes to improving skin tone and texture.
- Fresh Scent
On the application, the face wash smells citrusy, which is because of the sweet orange oil. Along with masculine scent, it even boosts cell turnover ratio and deeply cleanses the skin.
- Enhance skin appearance
Other ingredients such as rosehip oil, aloe extract, and moon orchid extract contribute to uplifting your skin by removing free radicals, hiding fine lines and wrinkles.
Moreover, the foaming cleanser is free from artificial colors, fragrances, and parabens. It is easy to apply and create lather. The lather breaks down all the gunk and removes it from the surface of your skin.
- Controls oil production
- Ideal for oily skin
- Anti-aging formula
- Not a travel-friendly product
If you are looking for a solution to balance the oil production and get rid of the signs of aging, Chamuel is worth your investment.
Jack Black Deep Dive
Jack Black is one of the best skincare brands in making premium skincare products. Since it is one of the reasons to test and review its product, the other reasons are:
- Unclogs pores
- Removes excessive oil
- Gentle exfoliation
- Eliminates dead cells
All thanks to natural and certified organic ingredients:
- Glycolic acid
- Volcanic ash
- Kaolin clay
- Rosemary leaf extract
- Green tea
- Olive oil
- Sunflower seed extract
- Marigold flower extract
The face mask-like texture penetrates deep into the skin and absorbs the excessive natural oils. Besides, it even tightens your skin pores so that they won’t get clogged back with dirt, oils, and debris.
Moreover, what we like about this face wash for men with oily skin is it contains glycolic acid that makes the skin feel soft and smooth. Also, it is highly effective in eliminating acne-causing bacteria and minimizing the chances of ingrown hairs that happen due to shaving.
The inclusion of natural and no harmful ingredients has made it a little pricier than the other face washes; however, if you compare it with the quantity, it is one of the best investments to maintain overall skin health. If more quantity is advantageous for long-term usage, it can be a pitfall since the transportation security administration (TSA) disallows 16 fluid ounces.
- Too much quantity
- Pump bottle
- Treats acne and oily skin
- No dryness issues post washing
- Eliminates ingrown hairs
- Remove impurities
- Not a travel-friendly product
- Quite expensive
- Leakage issue
If you are suffering from acne and oily skin, Jack black deep dive face wash is your 2-in-1 solution. It offers multiple skin benefits that no other face wash for men delivers.
So these are the men’s oily skin face washes that you must add to gain a shine-free look. It helps you say no to tissues that you would often need to wipe off your face. Now let’s see what helped us to identify the best face wash.
How to Choose Men’s Face Wash for Oily Skin?
You can end up trying face wash for oily skin before knowing what exactly oily skin is, which is why we have a list of a few symptoms.
- Large & Visible pores
- Leaves greasy residue post-cleansing
Ingredients to accept
- Activated Charcoal
- Organic Aloe Vera
- Tea Tree Oil
- Salicylic Acid (for acne-prone skin)
What can you expect from ingredients?
Charcoal face wash can deep cleanse your skin pores, getting you rid of excessive oil. Besides, it even maintains the oil production so that it neither makes your skin too oily nor too dry. Moreover, you must also seek a gentle formula (combination of aloe vera and tea tree oil) that kills acne-causing bacteria, cleanses deep down into skin pores, and balances pH levels.
Ingredients to avoid
- Mineral Oils
What can you expect from ingredients?
The ingredients will clog pores and make a troublesome situation, which is why it is advisable to avoid these ingredients.
So you know how to pick the best face wash, but don’t you want to know what else can help you to keep the sheen at bay? Keep reading and unveil the best practices. Learn the right technique to wash your face for optimum results.
Best Practices to Avoid Oily Skin
Since oily skin is by birth, you have an option to opt for products that can help you control oily skin. For easy understanding, we have curated in a stepwise manner:
Step 1: Regular Washing Face
Adding a good face wash is key to removing excess oil from the face. Regular washing will remove excess oil from your face. All the face washes on the list specifically cater to removing or controlling excess oil. Choose anyone and expect an oil-free look.
Step 2: Using a Skin Toner
Skin toner could be one of the best products for men’s oily faces since it keeps your skin oil-free for 24-hours. Besides, oily skin is prone to pimples and acne, and if you are suffering from that, you must prioritize adding face toner. Moreover, the toner helps minimize skin pores (an enlarged pore is a home to impurities).
Step 3: Use a Face Moisturizer
Lastly, the use of face moisturizer to combat oily skin is one of the best solutions. You might be thinking about how an oily texture can overcome the oil? Well, there are oil-free moisturizers available that remove excel oil and leave no greasy residue.
1. Which is the best men’s face wash for oily skin?
The best face wash for men with oily skin is Borghese facial cleanser and Oars + Alps Face wash. Both men’s face washes are good at removing excess oil from the skin and offering oil-free skin.
2. What makes my skin so oily?
When sebaceous glands overly produce sebum oil, it makes the skin oily. These glands are right below your skin’s surface. They tend to produce oil when they feel the skin is either dehydrated or has clogged pores.
Oily skin is a result of the overproduction of sebum oil from sebaceous glands. Other reasons could be genetics, age, enlarged skin pores, and overusing skincare products. Excessive oil can lead to acne outbreaks, which require entirely different treatments.
In this article, the mentioned face washes for men with oily skin helps control the overproduction of natural oils. The ingredients in the face wash also help to unclog pores and detoxify your skin. We hope you found this article well and have made up your mind to buy one. Also, share your experience with any face washes you would be using for a long time. You will like this article on face cleanser if you are African-American men.