Just because a beard looks good, it doesn’t mean it is easy to maintain. A perfect-looking beard requires a lot of effort, especially when needed for regular trimming. So, it becomes essential to look for the most appropriate tool for your beard. You can also use grooming beard tips to make the beard look perfect. Best Beard Trimmer can help you achieve your dream beard.
In A Hurry? Here Are Our Top 3 Picks!
- All in 1 trimmer
- DualCut technology
- Full-metal motor and reinforced with tempered steel
- Ultra-strong fiberglass guard material
- Lithium-ion rechargeable battery
- Dual Cut technology
- Maintenance free No oil needed
- Portable and compact
- Corded Beard and Mustache Trimmer
- Easy Precision
- Reputed Company
- Smart blade and smooth guard to stop pulling and irritation
It isn’t easy to choose one trimmer when there are thousands of options available on the market. But, we have made it easier for you by sorting out the best beard trimmers. Through our extensive research, we (Tomfw.com) try to find the best options for you and your beard. For easier selection, check out our beard trimmer finder that will make it easy for you to find a trimmer!
Unlike others, we not only consider offering you the trimmer list but also strive to add value to your grooming routine. What else you will get:
- Proven tips for trimming
- Things to accept and avoid while trimming
- Lastly, steps to know for effective trimming
So, let’s get started.
Table Of Content
- 12 Best Beard Trimmers To Use This Year
- Philips Oneblade Trimmer- Best Beard Trimmer For Stubble
- Remington PG525 Multi-Purpose Trimmer- Best All-in-one Body Groomer
- Wahl Groomsman Beard Trimmer- Best Beard Trimmer For Long Beard
- Philips Norelco Face Styler and Grooming Kit- Best Men’s Multigroom Beard Trimmer
- Remington MB4700 Smart Beard Trimmer- Best Professional Beard Trimmer
- Conair GMT8CS for Men Beard & Mustache Electric Trimmer- Best Beard & Mustache Electric Trimmer
- Philips NORELCO Beard Trimmer 7200- Best Vacuum Trimmer
- Wahl 9818 All-in-one Grooming Kit – Best Rechargeable Beard Trimmer
- Braun Beard Trimmer For Men – Best Clippers For Shaving Face
- Xtava Pro Hair Clipper & Trimmer – Best Beard Trimmer For Long & Short Beard
- Hattekar Beard & Hair Trimmer – Top Rated Waterproof Beard Trimmer
- Panasonic Beard & Mustache Trimmer Er-GB40-S – Best Cordless Trimmer
- Difference Between Electric Shaver, Hair Clippers, and Beard Trimmer
- Do’s & Don’ts Everyone Should Know
- Unveil Secret Grooming Tips
- Buyer’s Guide
- How To Use a Best Beard Trimmer To Achieve The Best Results?(5 steps)
12 Best Beard Trimmer To Use This Year
|Philips One Blade|
|Remington PG525 Head to Toe Lithium Powered multi-purpose trimmer|
|Wahl Groomsman Beard & Mustache Trimmer with Bonus Nose Hair Trimmer|
|Philips Norelco Multigroom MG7750/49 7000 Face Styler and Grooming Kit|
|Remington MB4700 Smart Beard Trimmer|
|Conair GMT8CS Beard & Mustache Electric Trimmer|
|Philips Norelco Vacuum Beard Trimmer|
|Wahl 9818 All-in-one Grooming Kit|
|Braun Beard Trimmer Hair Clippers for Men|
|Xtava Pro Hair Clipper & Trimmer|
|Hatteker Mens Beard Trimmer|
|Panasonic Beard & Mustache Trimmer Er-GB40-S|
Philips Oneblade Hybrid Electric Trimmer And Shaver- Best Beard Trimmer For Stubble
- Follows contours of your face
- Precision settings trimmer with the trim, edge, and shave features
- Wet and dry compatibility
- 45 minutes of runtime & quick charge feature
- Replaceable blades
We begin our list by reviewing this simple and lightweight product by Philips. According to Philips, their rechargeable one-blade beard trimmer can trim, edge, and shave different hair lengths. It has a revolutionary design for men with all kinds of beards.
As the name suggests, it fulfills 3 main functions: trim, edge, and shave. Firstly, it helps you trim your beard to the length you want, using 3 different combs available. It has got 1mm for a tight trim, 3mm for stubble trim, and 5mm for a long stubble, making it a great precision trimmer. Using these 3 combs, the company makes sure that it is easy to use and handle.
Secondly, it helps to edge your beard. With the dual side blade, it makes it easy to edge the beard. Using it in any one direction, you can have excellent visibility available, so it is also easy to use in sensitive areas. Also, if you use it in one order, then it will act as an inclined blade. This way, you will be able to edge either your beard or mustache.
Thirdly, it also helps shave any length of beard. Philips Oneblade technology also makes it possible to shave different lengths of beard. It won’t work as an original razor, but this is the advantage it brings; it avoids irritation. Overall, we can say that it is the best beard trimmers for stubble.
USP: The blade lasts for 4 months if used twice or less in a week. It will change depending on usage. I find this to be the maximum any blade can last.
This unique one-blade technology in a trimmer head is offered at a great price. It is lightweight and comes with a travel case, allowing you to carry it anywhere.
But with so many advantages, some of the disadvantages are that after shaving a beard using this tool, there can still be noticeable stubble. Secondly, some reviewers complain that it doesn’t bring razor-like smoothness after shaving. It also does not have a vacuum duct in it, so you have to clean all the mess of beard hair after using it.
- Can trim, edge, and shave using this one tool
- Comes with several attachment heads for most beard lengths
- Feels smooth on the skin
- Noticeable stubble even after shaving off
- Razor-like smoothness is difficult
- Cannot collect shaven hair
- Creates messy and hairy sink or shaving area
Remington PG525 Head to Toe Lithium Powered Multi-Purpose Trimmer- Best All-in-one Body Groomer
- Head to toe grooming, detailing, and shaving
- 9 attachments with a stand to store these accessories
- Washable accessories
If you are looking for a multi-purpose grooming accessory, then you must bag this beard trimmer. It brings a range of accessories with it at an affordable price. One might ask what it actually cannot do. It is a fact that this trimmer head can be used anywhere, utilizing the accessories it comes with.
As the name multi-purpose suggests, it can be used for detailing and trimming from head to toe. It comes with four trimming and shaving attachments with adjustable combs for appropriate styles.
It has a Full-Size best beard Trimmer; Foil Shaver; Nose hair trimmer and ear trimmer; Vertical Body Hair Trimmer; Hair Clipper Comb with 8 Length Settings; 3 Beard and a Stubble Comb. All attachments fulfill your grooming needs and do touch-ups. This makes it a good stubble trimmer as well.
But you might be thinking, where to store all these attachments, and they can easily be lost. But Remington has also got you covered for that, by supplying an all-in-one stand to keep these accessories. So you can now keep your foil shaver head, nose trimming head, and other trimmer heads safe along with the comb attachments.
The tool has stainless steel blades for long-lasting performance. It will make it easy for you to trim your beard and also allow you to easily shape it. Secondly, all the attachments are washable, so you don’t need to worry about cleaning them for hours.
Talking about the battery life, it has a lithium-ion, which brings 70 minutes of cordless runtime on a full charge. The charging indicator will notify you when the battery runs down.
With an additional accessory for the nose and ear, it also makes detailing easy as it is tough to find a good nose hair trimmer. You can trim off unwanted hair comfortably with the ear and nose hair trimmer.
With all these advantages, the only thing that a user might lack is that the accessories might not be durable if not taken care of. The company focuses on price affordability, so if you are the one who wants to pay more to build quality, then this is not the appropriate choice for your beard and body hair.
But for the price they offer, they may earn a considerable audience. To sum it up, we can say that it is the best all-in-one body groomer.
- 70 minutes of battery life
- Fair price and a lot of accessories
- 9 attachments for different needs
- Multi-purpose grooming
- Best stubble trimmer
- Fragile accessories
Wahl Beard And Mustache Trimmer- Best Beard Trimmer For Long Beard
- Multiple comb lengths
- A bonus nose and ear detail trimmer
- Comfortable grip for easy holding
Third, on our list of beard trimmers is one of the best multi-grooming tools. It not only trims your beard efficiently, but you can also use it for mustache, nose hair, and ear trimming.
This trimmer is made of sharpening blades, making it possible to use it either on the beard, mustache, ear, or nose. This trimmer comes packaged with adjustable guide combs, three stubble guide combs and 4 hair guide combs, a storage pouch, a styling guide, and the finest grade precision blades.
Wahl beard trimmers have been in this market for a long time, and they know how to master the art of making one of the finest grooming products on the market. Wahl lithium ion hair clippers and beard trimmers have been used by professionals in the salon and barber industry since 1919.
As a user, you can achieve many different beard styles using the 14 length options in this grooming kit. Now, let’s talk about the battery of this product- Yes, it is battery powered to achieve convenience to go wireless. One of the other features that make this product great is that the nose and ear trimmer has a washable head, making it easy for you to clean the mess. Wahl lithium-ion battery is known for its build quality.
Another point to note is that this trimmer’s self-sharpening blades make it possible to edge your beard. Sometimes edging your beard with trimmers can be hard for various reasons, but you don’t need to worry about that with this all-rounder beard and mustache trimmer.
With all advantages, all products have disadvantages too. This product’s drawback is that some reviewers complain that its build quality is really bad because of the low price. Secondly, it is really small and light-weight, which becomes difficult for the one who has used one of the big and high-quality trimmers. It is also one of the best beard trimmers for long beards.
- Comes from a brand used by professionals
- 14 cutting lengths to achieve different lengths
- Good for DIY at home users, who want a quality trim
- Great price range
- Bonus nose and ear trimmer
- Specific Guide Combs
- Some reviewers complain about the quality
- Light-weight and small
Philips Norelco MG7750/49 Multigroom 7000 Face Styler and Grooming Kit- Best Men’s Multigroom Beard Trimmer
- Multi-purpose grooming tool
- 5 hours of cordless runtime and good charge time
- Fully washable trim
- Dual-cut makes trimming effortless
This is another one from the top-rated beard trimmers in the multi-grooming category, made by Philips. This all-in-one trimmer can be used for beard, head, body, and facial hair styling and trimming. The question one might be wondering about is what this trimmer cannot do. It does everything that a person can imagine. Additionally, it comes with a guide comb attachment that makes it easy for you to use it anywhere.
This Philips Norelco beard trimmer comes with Dualcut and two times more self-sharpening blade system that will be useful for 5 years. It is great for edging, trimming, or shaving. Also, to deliver more power and maximum torque, the trimmer includes a full-metal motor and a drive train reinforced with tempered steel.
It also has a trimmer guard in place, fixed with ultra-strong fiberglass material to prevent any bending and buckling. The titanium blades are non-rustic and stainless steel, so you don’t need to worry about rusting.
Another plus point of this trimmer is the lithium-ion battery that can deliver up to 5 hours of run-time per charge. Isn’t it amazing? It is one of the best cordless beard trimmers in the beard trimming range.
This tool comes with 19 beard trimming attachments, 5 shaving and trimming tools, 2 body trimmer guards, 2 fading hair combs, 4 hair guards for your hair, and 6 stubble trimmers guards for your beard trimming needs. This is a cordless trimmer and a precision dial trimmer equipped with noise and ear trimming attachments.
The foil shaver quickly shaves clean lines around your style; the steel precision trimmer makes it easy to edge and shape, and the extra-wide hair trimmer captures more hair at a time, and so leads to faster trimming, haircutting, and fading. It is one of the best stubble trimmers to have if you like to keep a short beard.
The only thing that a user might dislike is the weight of the trimmer. It is a bit heavier than other beard trimmers on the list.
- Solid and sturdy design with a good shelf life
- 19 attachments with a guide beard comb to meet all your needs
- 5 hours of battery life on a full charge and good charge time
- Dual-cut technology
- Stainless steel edges
- Some reviewers think that the product is really heavy
Remington MB4700 Smart Beard Trimmer with Memory Settings and Digital Touch Screen – Best Professional Beard Trimmer
- Digital LED display indicating battery life, length settings, and much more
- Auto turbo function
- Memory and multiple length setting
- Fully Washable
As the world is digitizing, so is the trimmers market. Remington MB4700 Smart Beard Trimmer is an industry-changing innovative grooming product. Being very creative in manufacturing this trimmer, the company has made sure it offers many features.
Technology fulfills the role of simplifying human life through increased performance. There is no question regarding the performance of this trimmer. There are so many features of this product that we don’t know where to start from.
Let’s start by looking into the coolest feature, which is the memory settings. This trimmer makes beard maintenance simple by saving the previous length used through advanced technology, so next time when you use it, the settings can be restored.
Another cool feature is a USB charging dock, making your lives easier by using the same charger you use for your Android phone. So, you do not need to worry about carrying chargers when traveling as it is a travel trimmer. This beard hair trimmer offers 50 minutes of runtime, which is comparably low than other trimmers, but that is due to the heavy usage of tech and features.
This trimmer has additional features like corded and cordless use, digital indicator, and wake-up feature. These features are essentials to any trimmer because that is what a user wants; convenience.
The trimmer has an auto blade feature that senses your facial hair’s length and thickness. Due to this, it offers maximum blade speed and performance for increased satisfaction.
USP: It is also equipped with a motorized beard comb, which offers you 75 length settings- yes, that is the most any trimmer can offer. So, you would not have to worry about not finding the desired length settings for your beard.
You can control all these comb settings using the digital screen available on this device. This trimmer is great for any beard type, whether it be a long beard or a short beard. The water-resistance feature allows to clean and obliterate unwanted hair.
- Auto turbo senses the thickness of hair and adjusts blade speed accordingly
- 75 length settings to meet all beard style needs
- USB charged and 50 minutes of battery life- good charge time
- Digital touch screen
- Too many features often confuse users
Conair GMT8CS Beard Trimmer – Best Beard & Mustache Electric Trimmer
- Stainless steel removable trimmer blades
- All basic accessories provided- 2 jawline combs for detailing
- Corded trimmer- so no need to worry about charging
The next product on our list is for those people who love corded beard trimmers. It is a highly efficient beard trimmer that not only trims your beard but also your mustaches.
It is a cost-effective trimmer that comes with two jawline combs for detailing. It also carries a 5-position adjustable comb for shaving and stubble trimming. The blades in this trimmer are fully removable and washable, so you can clean them up after using them.
Conair makes both corded and cordless trimmers and has a wide range of grooming products. They made this trimmer to ease trimming and forget about charging the trimmer or changing the battery. The “Just plug in and go” concept is very cost-effective and saves a lot of time.
This trimmer does what any trimmer is supposed to do. If you expect it to fulfill additional and hybrid functions, this is not the product. It is a simple and ready-to-use solution that can be used anywhere.
There are a few things that might concern a user, including the lack of features. It only carries basic features, so users cannot expect more from it. Secondly, it is a corded trimmer, so you need a plug every time to use it. And you don’t have the freedom to use it anywhere.
- Stainless steel blades, that can be removed and washed
- Corded- so no need to worry about charging
- Comes with basic accessories
- Smart blade and smooth guard to stop pulling and irritation
- Corded- so cannot be used anywhere
Philips Norelco Beard Trimmer 7200- Best Vacuum Trimmer
- Run time up to 80 minutes on a single charge
- Self-sharpening steel blades
- Skin-friendly blades
- Washable heads
- In-built vacuum chamber to collect all the stray hairs
This is not a multi-grooming trimmer, but it is a trimmer that has everything. When I say that, I am talking about the features that this trimmer offers.
This Philips Norelco beard trimmer 7200 is designed for a smooth and clean trimming experience. It gives you your desired trim through various comb lengths and cleans the mess with its vacuum feature. The vacuum chamber is a compelling feature integrated into the trimmer; it makes sure that no mess is made. The high-velocity motor and fan system create powerful suction to lift and capture hairs.
Another feature that this vacuum trimmer is equipped with is the innovative lift and trim technology. It lifts and guides your facial hair while trimming for a perfect beard alignment and shape.
Secondly, the Philips Norelco beard trimmer kit also has stainless steel blades to perfectly cut your beard hair, preventing all skin irritation and itchiness caused by trimming. The rounded contour comb technology is designed to deliver a skin-friendly and more even trim.
The Philips Norelco trimmer is equipped with a zoom wheel to adjust the 20 in-built length settings. You can move the wheel and decide what a perfect length for you is. The options range from 0.5mm to 10 mm, so there is no chance that you won’t find the correct length for your beard.
Talking about the battery life, the Philips Norelco has upgraded lithium-ion batteries for more power and performance cutting. One charge can give up to 80 minutes of cordless use. The most interesting thing is that it can also be used while charging, so no waste of time.
Precision trimming features enable you to perform detailed edging and shape your beard. Philips Norelco acts like multiple guide combs in one facial trimmer.
Lastly, it is easy to clean too. Just remove the blade and clean it underwater, and empty the vacuum sac when it is full. If you’re looking for a durable and easy-to-clean trimmer, then this is one of the best beard trimmers with the vacuum.
- The vacuum feature sucks mess
- 80 minutes of battery life, so good charge time
- Trusted brand
- 20 in-built length settings
- Some reviewers on Amazon complain that the vacuum does not work efficiently
Wahl 9818 All-in-one Kit – Best Rechargeable Beard Trimmer
- Long-lasting blades ensure quiet & amazing performance
- T-blade trimmer, detail shaver, nose, and ear trimmer, the precision detailer
- Runs on lithium-ion rechargeable batteries with 110v national and 220v international volt
- A professional beard trimmer for barbers
- Quality product to gift your loved ones
Wahl 9818 is a product that meets the unmatching expectations of the users. It is a multi-purpose tool that satisfies different works like cutting, trimming, shaving, and detailing. You can use this trimmer for any hair cutting from head to toe.
The lithium-ion rechargeable batteries are the heart of trimmer as it delivers smooth and peaceful performance. On top of it, it is also a cordless trimmer that offers 4 hours of runtime with no compromise on performance.
And that too, with just 1 hour of charging. It can also quickly charge in 1 minute to offer 3 minutes of runtime, in case you are in a hurry. The adaptor lets you charge the trimmer in any corner of the world as it can be charged on 110V, 220V, and dual voltage as well.
The rechargeable batteries ensure unmatching performance, but what does it bolster is important. Well, it gives power to self-sharpening blades that are crafted with a specific purpose. T-blade curved edges trim your hair behind the ears, mustaches, beards, and give designs to hair.
The detail shaver lets you shave off your beard and mustache. At the same time, the nose and ear trimmers are for the tricky areas. Hair trimming wasn’t that easy, but with the help of Wahl 9818, you can do it easily. You can get a complete hair trimming, cutting, and shaving solution with Wahl 9818 cordless beard trimmer.
The enticing feature is the attachments that this trimmer comes with. It has 12 guard combs, out of which 4 are stubble guide combs, and the other 8 are long hair combs. Be it short or long beards; if you have this trimmer, you don’t need to worry about anything. The trimmer is made for dry use, so you need to be extra careful with water. This trimmer doesn’t have a grip, so you have to hold it tightly for better control.
The trimmer’s body comprises stainless steel with a smart LED indicator that shows the battery level. The additional includes cleaning brush, blade oil, and storage case. A perfect travel kit for the ones who are frequent travelers. Also, it turns out to be the best trimmers on the market preferred by professionals.
- Quick charging and more runtime
- 12 attachment guards for short and long beards
- Head to toe solution
- LED indicator
- Cordless trimmer
- One charge can give 4 hours of runtime
- No water resistance
- No grip on the trimmer body
Braun Beard Trimmer For Men – Best Clippers For Shaving Face
- Sharper, quicker, accurate, and more efficient as compared to previous versions
- Precision dial for 39 length settings for smooth trimming
- Lifetime sharp blades for beard and hair clipping
- Artistically draws edges and lines on neck and cheeks
- Highly adaptable to any type of beard
Braun beard trimmer is one of the finest quality grooming products that are superior to all other previous versions. Thanks to the AutoSensing feature, which reads the beard 13x per second.
It automatically adjusts the motor that is compatible with thickness and provides smooth, effortless trim. The motor is designed in such a way that it delivers power precisely in the area where it is highly required. That’s why it turns out to be delivering unparalleled performance and wins the race against its previous versions.
The trimmer comes with specific combs each with a different beard length. For instance, short to medium beard trimming can be done with the comb range from 0.5m to 10mm while the longer beards require 11-20mm combs.
The manufacturers have also focused on creating lines and clean shaves, and that’s why the package has contour edging and a mini foil shaver. To top it all, the trimmer also has a Gillette Fusion5 ProGlide razor, which is a cherry on the cake. The story doesn’t end here. The body trimmer has a precision dial that offers 39 length settings from 0.5mm-10mm.
All this is possible because the trimmer is equipped with lifetime sharpening blades that slice your beard the way you want and don’t allow tugging or pulling the beard. These blades are washable and are rust-free.
Along with the blades that don’t disappoint at any point in time, it has a long-lasting Li-Ion battery that ensures performance without pause. The battery is a godsend as it takes only an hour to charge and deliver 100 minutes of runtime fully.
Apart from the combs, razors, and foil shaver, it also has a brush that helps clean the trimmer. Many beard trimmers have produced this brand, but none became as effective as this one.
- Quick charging and minimum full charge time
- Waterproof beard trimmer
- Specific combs for short, medium, and long beards
- Gillette ProGlide razor for a clean shave
- Lifetime sharp blades
- Best trimmer for a clean shave
- Specific combs for particular beard length
- Customers have average opinions and reviews about this product
- No grip on the side of the trimmer for better control
- Not a full-body product
Xtava Pro Hair Clipper & Trimmer – Best Beard Trimmer For Long & Short Beard
- Hassle-free Haircutting Kit
- Precision length control
- Sharp titanium ceramic blades
- Rechargeable travel trimmer
This hair trimmer is very compact and doesn’t have many attachments like other hair trimmers. It consists of two attachments: a clipping comb, lubricant oil, brush, and charging adapter, and a storage pouch to easily carry and manage everything efficiently.
The beard has precision control that has different lengths to adjust and trim your beard. You can lock the length which you want and start trimming your beard. The titanium ceramic blades efficiently cut your beard or hair without any pulling, tugging, or snagging.
The trimmer comes with a compact, lightweight, and easy-to-carry design while traveling. It is so finely designed that your hands would not pain while holding it for longer trimming sessions.
Also, the body features an LED display that shows the battery percentage and also has a lubrication indicator, which means the trimmer will let you know when to oil the blades, isn’t that amazing?
And above everything, it has a long runtime battery that offers 4.5 hours of runtime with just 3 hours to fully charge. I’ve seen many beard trimmers, but this one has astonished me with its wonderful battery and affordable price.
- LED display
- More runtime than charging
- Ceramic blades to slice your beard
- Nominal Price
- Lifetime sharp blades
- Lightweight and handy
- Customers face problem while attaching the blades
Hattekar Beard & Hair Trimmer- Top Rated Waterproof Beard Trimmer
- Hair Clipper, detail trimmer, beard trimmer for facial and body hair
- Carbon ceramic-titanium blades prevent skin irritation and ensure durability
- Precision dial, degree tunable blades, and set of guide combs
- 150 minutes runtime is equaled to 90 minutes of full charging
- LCD attractive display
If you do not want to spend money at the salon, this trimmer will fulfill that wish. It is a complete haircutting kit that you would require at the time of the hair-cutting session. All the beards or hairstyles that you wish for are now possible with this trimmer. Be it goatee, stubble, sideburns, or mustaches; this trimmer does everything.
It is equipped with titanium ceramic blades that are sharp, strong, and durable. This precision ground blade slices your beard the way you want and allows you to design any beard. You don’t need extra effort as the blades are made up of the finest quality of material that remains sharp for a longer time.
Unlike the other cheap quality blades, these blades prevent your skin from irritation or other side effects. The trimmer’s body has tunable blades ranging from 0.5mm to 2.5mm and a precision dial from 3mm to 8mm.
The powerful Li-Ion battery and the durable motor are the reason behind the beard trimmer’s amazing performance. An uninterrupted 2.5 hours of runtime is a heart-throbbing feature of this nifty machine.
Also, the trimmer produces low noise, which means a peaceful hair-cutting session without disturbing others around. It is also ideal for sharing space as the other won’t get disturbed by it.
The LCD is also another eye-catching feature because it shows the battery level in terms of percentage. It is one of the best beard trimmers that finely trim your beard and body hair. Also, it is the most demanding waterproof trimmer on the market.
- No noise operation
- Complete solution
- Wonderful & useful accessories
- Low maintenance
- Difficult to carry
Panasonic Beard & Mustache Trimmer Er-GB40-S – Best Cordless Trimmer
- 45- Degree precision blades
- 19 precision length settings
- Ni-MH battery with 50 minutes runtime
- Travel size accessories
Panasonic’s beard trimmer is a product that is quite comfortable, reliable, and durable. Its precision design artistically helps you maintain our signature look. Its sleek design gives you complete control over it so that there will zero chance of falling or breaking.
The trimmer comes with 45-degree precision blades that allow you to style any type of beard the way you want. Also, you can use this trimmer at your home, and no need to go to the salon. It efficiently cut and trims off the hairs with its edgy and sharp blades. And these blades are quite durable, meaning you don’t need to worry about breaking or damaging them off. The blade is ideal for thick, dusky, and even unruly hairs.
The power that the trimmer offers is amazing, and that is possible because of its Ni-MH battery. 50 minutes of non-stop runtime gives you a sense of satisfaction with your hair trimming session. But the drawback here is it requires 15 hours of charging time, which is considerably huge compared to other trimmers of a similar range. The kit contains a charging stand wherein you need to place your trimmer once after the use it, and it keeps your trimmer ready for the next use.
Besides, the trimmer is waterproof, which means you can wash it off once used. The washable feature is quite enticing as it leaves no mess, and there is no risk of hair clogging under the blades. The trimmer efficiently caters to both wet and dry use. You can use it on shaving foam as well.
The body trimmer is designed in such a way that you can easily hold it without the risk of falling. And it has a quick-adjust dial on it with, which you can easily change grooming lengths. It has 19 precision settings ranging from 1-10mm. Also, you can carry it easily in your hand luggage, which makes it travel-friendly and convenient.
- Ideal for detail trimming on and around the mustache
- Good for wet/dry shaving
- Ergonomic and rubberized grip for sheer control and comfort
- Users complain that trimmer tugs at their beard
Difference Between Electric Shaver, Hair Clippers, and Beard Trimmer
These 3 tools can easily confuse a user, especially when all three caters to the same purpose, i.e., to trim hair. But there are major differences that are highlighted below:
- An electric shaver is a tool with rotating blades that use back and forth motion to cut hair and act as a detail shaver. The tool provides the closest and cleanest shave. It is not used to shape a beard or remove some of the hair; rather, it is there to shave your beard. Another disadvantage of using them is, they can cause irritations.
- A hair clipper is just another version of a beard trimmer but with different blade sizes. It is used to cut long hairs, especially on the head rather than the beard, because of the adjustable and different blade sizes. On the other side, trimmers have thinner blades to work well with minor details and shapes. Trimmers can also be used for neck hair and cheek area, while clippers cannot be used for these parts.
- Beard trimmer, as said earlier, works with details of beard and is mostly used to trim specific parts. They also make shaping a beard easy. They come with an option for different length settings.
Do’s & Don’ts Everyone Should Know
Facial Hair Wash:
- Do invest in first-class beard and face wash. Washing your hair every day can make it smooth and silky, and restrain dust and dirt. Always buy beard care products like beard oil, conditioner, and hair wash.
- Do condition your facial hair so that it can remain soft and silky. Also, this way, the hair strands will not get weak, brittle, or frizzy.
- Do provide the right nourishment to your beard as it becomes vital for facial hairs to have proper supplements for easy and desired growth.
- Don’t; I repeat, Don’t let the crumbs and flakes make your beard their home. Clean and brush your beard with a comb to prevent itchiness.
- Strictly say no to hair washes and conditioners that are made for locks.
- Don’t miss moisturizing your facial skin, aka skin underneath your beard. It protects from irritation and makes the new strands strong.
Trim Your Facial Hair:
- Do trim your facial hair to prevent split ends. Also, it manages to shape your beard and mustache, which is essential for hair.
- Do figure out the perfect beard style that suits your face.
- Do focus on cutting thickness before moving your scissors to lengths.
- Don’t act in haste. Be patient when it comes to trimming because that makes you look handsome as well as disastrous. You can always start trimming your sideburns, then slice your neck hairs, then the cheeks, and lastly, the mustache.
- Don’t consider trimming as everyone’s cup of tea. It requires a subtle art, and you need to master it if you want to save bucks spend at salons.
- As you hate spending your hard-earned on useless things, the same behavior you should carry while trimming. Cut minimum length and wait for the next day. Don’t start trimming recklessly.
Groom Facial Hair:
- The application of beard balms helps your beard moisturize and allows you to style the way you want to. Do use gentle and nourishing products for your beard as this hair is not the same one that grows from the scalp.
- Do invest in the right equipment for grooming. Sharp scissors, trimmers, and razors could finely help you groom your beard.
- Don’t just start using or applying any grooming products. Do research properly and understand the level of nutrients it offers to your beard, which is a must and necessary.
- Don’t forget to add proteins to your diet. It helps in making the beard resilient against the damage caused in numerous ways.
- Don’t over-cleanse your face as it is not advisable to be too dependent on facial products as it may harm your skin.
Tip: Healthy Diet plays an important role in maintaining a healthy lifestyle. For living a good and disease-free life, you must require fresh fruits and vegetables. Similarly, the hair requires sufficient nutrients. Adding Vitamin A, C, juices, eggs, and potatoes are a few of the minerals that work best for strengthening your beard.
Unveil Secret Grooming Tips
You should not limit yourself with the knowledge of what practices to apply and avoid for your beard grooming. You should welcome everything that comes in your way and offer you the best solution for your beard trimming. And now that you have acknowledged the do’s and don’t, let me share secret grooming tips with you.
- Remember, somebody did not build Rome in a day! You need to wait and have patience. At least 4 to 6 weeks without cutting or shaving off may give you the desired results. It is suggestible to untouch your beard for 6 weeks because that gives sufficient length. And you would be able to shape your beard in the way you want. NOTE: Do not trim any facial hair in these six weeks duration.
- You may feel itching when you start to grow out, but you must avoid scratching. It may turn your strands coarse and brittle. In this case, you can use beard oil to keep them nourished and soft. Also, it reduces irritation and itching.
- Dry beard offers promising results in terms of managing, combing, and styling. It would be best if you always dried your beard once you wash your face. Once dried, you can use a comb from root to tip to sort out the areas that have extra length and require trimming.
- 1 ½ inch above Adam’s apple is the suggestible length of beard.
- If you want longer and smoother strands, then you can try combing and stretching your beard.
- Talking about the mustache- leave it as is and let it grow to its fullest. Trimming it often may offer a not desirable result.
- From imberbic to bushy, there are various stages that one may come across in his lifetime. And the ones who are still imberbic even after waiting for 6 weeks, then you need to rethink it.
So, you have decided to buy a beard trimmer, which is a great choice. But the question is how to choose a perfect trimmer for your beard? We have got you covered through the following tips-
- Choose the best trimmer by browsing all the options
When one has to choose from 100 options, it can be cumbersome. But, on the other hand, when you have to choose one from the 12 best beard trimmers, it is not that difficult. So, we suggest that you read through all the detailed reviews and find the best trimmer for your beard. This is important because every trimmer does something special like Philips Norelco trimmer can have many comb lengths with a vacuum to help you clean. In contrast, some different trimmers will focus on a long-lasting battery compared to different features.
- Choose your budget before looking into options:
Best Beard trimmers can be expensive or be cheap. So, before looking into shopping for this product, you need to lock a budget and stick to it. In our 12 best beard trimmers, we have both affordable and expensive options.
- Buy a trimmer that fits your needs
Every person is looking for a product to satisfy different needs. If you are looking for a trimmer with few adjustable comb lengths and more battery life, you need to buy a product that satisfies this. On the other hand, if you need a trimmer to have multiple features and are not worried about the price point, they need to buy a product that meets those needs. No trimmer satisfies every different need of people.
- Think to opt for a waterproof option
A waterproof beard trimmer is also a viable option because it relieves you from the pain of cleaning and washing the shaving area or sink. Also, few trimmers can be used under the shower, saving a lot of time spent bathing and trimming, separately. And you can get ready within minimum time.
On the other hand, some trimmers can be used with shave gels, lotions, and foams. And cleaning them is also not a hassle. Just rinse it off under running water and done.
- Buy a beard trimmer with good battery life.
While buying a beard trimmer, battery life is an imperative factor to be considered. You would not want something that interrupts your beard styling or detailing especially batteries. Also, a trimmer with a battery is not worth taking more time in charge and offers less runtime.
Imagine you have an important meeting for which you are perfectly styling your beard, and it is half done, and the battery drains away. Horrible, isn’t it? So, be a wise picker while choosing a trimmer for yourself. The battery that lasts long with minimum charging time and maximum runtime should be in your “add to cart” tab.
- Handy and lightweight
Portability is a must factor if you are a frequent traveler as you will require a handy tool and, at the same time, convenient to carry. A hard and heavy tool with multiple attachments would be difficult to carry and travel. Cordless trimmers are considered as travel-friendly because it doesn’t come with long & pesky cords. At the same time, you should also see that these cordless trimmers offer a long runtime because you would be traveling and could not find time to charge it.
This is an important feature as you would not buy trimmers for specific body parts. So, you should list down the requirement and then start researching. The trimmers that are multi-use have broader length settings because they are designed to cater to different uses like the body, facial hair, head hair, and pubic hair.
Panasonic ER-GB40-S comes with 19 length settings and can easily trim off your head to the toe grooming routine.
Wahl 9818 is another head-to-toe trimming solution that ensures the entire body’s hair to be trimmed off and your investment should be worthy.
Attachments are very important because they unlock different beard styles you wished for, but could not implement, as you don’t have these attachments. Be it goatee, stubble, short, or long beards, these additionals can do wonders if used efficiently.
- Corded Vs. Cordless
Both the corded and cordless beard trimmer comes with advantages and disadvantages, and again it completely depends on you, which is the most feasible for you:
- Cordless: Mostly cordless trimmers are preferable due to their convenience to use and flexibility. Undoubtedly, these trimmers are travel-friendly and come with less hassle. Also, the runtime that this trimmer offers is sufficient for single trim, and you can achieve whichever style you want with it. And above everything, the trimmers are not tied with those pesky cords that restrict the user to a particular area.
- Corded: As you know, the trimmers are wired and require a plug to operate that may feel like a hassle to you, but it has its advantage. Imagine you have a long beard, which needs to be completely shaved off, requiring more time than usual. Here, corded trimmers can escape you from the hassle. It offers an uninterrupted operation that can be used for more than the runtime that cordless trimmers offer.
Tip: Cordless trimmer should be evaluated on a battery life basis, and corded on a power cord length basis.
These are some points to keep in mind before buying a trimmer. Make sure you choose the best trimmer to make your beard look perfect every time to trim it.
How to Use a Best Beard Trimmer to Achieve the Best Results?
Here is a video that can help you trim a beard, and it will show you how to trim a beard the right way-
Using a beard trimmer can sometimes be difficult, especially if you are a new user. But before jumping into the steps to trim your beard, you need to choose the best beard trimmer for your beard, which you can select from our detailed reviews.
Step 1: Wash Your Face and Clean Your Beard
The first step is to wash your face before doing anything, making your beard clean and smoother, eventually making it easy to trim. You can achieve this step by using a Beard shampoo to wash your beard. Note that you cannot use regular shampoo on your beard because it will not supply all the beard’s nutrients. Lastly, you can comb your beard using beard combs, helping you trim it easily.
Step 2: Choose the Correct Length and Your Preferred Trim
Before even taking a trimmer in your hand, you must decide the correct beard length, neckline, and cheek lines you want to achieve after trimming your beard. This is different from one person to another and is on you to decide what looks good on you.
Secondly, after choosing the correct length you want to achieve on different parts of your beard, you have to decide from the different adjustable comb lengths for your trimmer, which is easy to choose from. You can try different trimmers’ lengths, but we recommend starting from a bigger size than smaller ones. It will make beard maintenance easy.
Step 3: Trim it Out
This is an easy step to achieve after deciding the correct comb length of your trimmer. But there are certain things you need to take care of, including taking extra precautions to avoid trimming wanted parts of your beard.
It can be difficult to trim the cheek and necklines to achieve a perfect cheek and neckline by taking it slowly over there.
Step 4: Use a Razor to Achieve Perfection
Trimming neck and cheek lines can be difficult, so using a razor can sometimes be beneficial. For this part, start by applying shaving gel to neck and cheek lines, and then use a razor to shave, and make your beard look uniform like the one in the previous picture. It is also important to choose a razor with an appropriate blade to ruin your perfectly trimmed beard.
Step 5: Wash Your Beard, Apply Beard Oil and Clean the Trimmer
After performing steps 1 to 4, now it is time to wash your beard and remove struck beard hairs. Now, you would be able to see a handsome beard. Next, you can apply beard oil or a beard balm whichever you regularly use to supply essential nutrients to your beard.
Lastly, using a wet cloth or a brush, you can clean the trimmer’s blade to remove its hair. This is an essential part because it will increase the life of your trimmer. Do not wash the trimmer, which may result in battery failures.
1. How to clean a beard trimmer?
For waterproof trimmers, you can wash and clean the trimmer under running water after your trimming routine. You can even put a few drops of liquid soap and turn it on so that it penetrates and cleanses the blade. But the ones that are not water-proof require a cleaning brush to wipe off.
2. Can beard trimmer cut head hair?
The answer is NO. Beard trimmer cannot cut head hair because of the comb and blade size. The Best Beard Trimmers are generally made for short hair, and so do not work well with long hair. You can use hair clippers to achieve this function. Besides, some multi-purpose beard trimmers come with different attachments that you can use to cut head hair.
3. What are the best hair and beard trimmers?
If you are searching specifically for a beard and hair trimmer, it would be advisable to invest in Philips Norelco OneBlade Shaver or Wahl Cordless Magic Clip. These are worth your investment, and you won’t be disappointed with the performance.
4. How do you oil a beard trimmer?
Hold the beard trimmer in a way that its blade faces downwards. Now turn on the trimmer and pour 2-3 drops of oil on it and 1-1 drop on both sides of the blade. Turn off the trimmer after a few seconds and clean the blade with a cloth.
5. Can I shave off my head with the beard trimmer?
Yes, you can use beard trimmers to shave off the head hair, but you can use many other nifty tools for shaving off the head. Just search for it, and you will find the best for yourself. Beard trimmers may leave stubble on your head, and that’s why you need a better shaver for the particular task.
6. Which is the best beard trimmer under $40?
In my opinion, Philips Norelco GoStyler Trim & Shape is the best trimmer that is budget-friendly and also comes with eyebrow combs.
A men’s grooming kit is incomplete without a beard trimmer. In this blog, we made sure to the 12 best beard trimmers, their differences, and much more. All trimmers on the market perform unique functions, and so it would be unfair to say a particular beard trimmer to be the best one. We also covered some best beard trimmers in Canada, because some trimmers available in the USA are not available in Canada, and vice versa! So do buy the best beard trimmer in Canada or the USA!
The selection depends on you as you will be the one who is going to use it. The trimmer that you select should meet the buyer’s guide list as the list has been curated, considering the nitty-gritty of the beard grooming routine. If the selected product passes the list, then you need to consider the dos and don’ts.
But we would love to hear your beard trimmer experience and what tool you use to keep yourself cool-looking!