All beards are not perfect but the ones that are, they have some great secrets behind them. But don’t worry, you do not need a secret to keep a healthy-looking and perfect beard. It’s just as maintaining your head hair, by using a good beard shampoo.
That’s correct, this blog is all about Best Beard Shampoo in Canada, and how can you use them efficiently to maintain a good beard. We make your lives easier by highlighting 5 best beard shampoos of 2020, from which you can choose the best one.
Beard shampoos can be easily confused with products like normal shampoo, beard oil, and much more. But all products do a different thing, and so it is important to understand what each one does.
Table Of Content
- What is a Beard Shampoo and What does it do?
- Before and After using Beard Shampoo
- Difference Between Beard Shampoo and Regular Shampoo
- How to use Beard Shampoo
- How often should you apply Beard Shampoo?
- Buyer’s Guide
- 5 Best Beard Shampoos 2020 (quick summary)
- 5 Best Beard Shampoos reviews
- Secret Sauce-How do we choose Best Beard Shampoos and Conditioners?
What is a Beard Shampoo and What does it do?
Unlike any shampoo, just for men, beard shampoo is specifically used for beard hairs. To be specific, beard shampoo and conditioner contain some essential oils that not only brings shine to your beard, it also promotes facial hair growth. Mainly, beard shampoo is used to reduce beard dandruff and uplift the health of beard hair.
Beard shampoo is not a replacement to beard oil or beard balm; it is rather a complement to these products. Now you might be wondering; it’s just another product that demands time and money. It is rather opposite to that; applying beard shampoo is just a simple process highlighted below. And the best thing is that it doesn’t cost that much too. One can easily get a good shampoo like Professor Fuzzworthy’s Beard Shampoo for really less price, compared to all the money girls spend on their beauty products.
The best thing about using beard shampoo and conditioner is that you don’t even need to apply it every day. One can get a good-looking and a shiny beard by just applying a beard growth product 2 to 3 times a week.
Before and After Using Beard Shampoo
As you can see in the image above, the difference between before and after usage is vast. Before using a beard shampoo, your beard is all curly and all over the place. There are beard itch and dandruff that you are experiencing, and the beard is looking really old. The skin underneath the beard is really dry, which is the major reason for the beard looking this messed up.
But, after using beard shampoo, your beard is able to get all the natural ingredients it needs to remain healthy. Now, the beard is uniform and in good shape. There is no itch or dandruff that one experiences. Additionally, your beard doesn’t look old and it attracts attention that it deserves. Lastly, there is no dead skin present underneath your beard.
Difference Between Beard Shampoo and Regular Shampoo
If you are wondering whats the difference between a regular shampoo and a beard shampoo then you need to know that a vast difference exists. Similar to water and energy drink, you cannot replace a regular shampoo for a beard shampoo because both do different things and carry different ingredients.
So without wasting any time, let’s jump into the difference between them.
Any regular shampoo that is made for the head hair serves the main purpose of cleaning your hair while getting rid of dandruff and dead skin. Through the use of different friendly chemicals, it makes your hair oil-free by getting rid of sebum oil that makes your hair look messy.
The regular shampoo has some essential nutrients that help long hairs on our head. It doesn’t work well with beard hair because of different lengths and nutrient requirements on the face.
Beard Shampoo has totally different essential oils and ingredients. It doesn’t contain the same chemicals as a normal shampoo because of many reasons. One of them being, the skin under the beard needs to be moisturized and nourished. So, different essential oils are needed to achieve this function.
The second main function a beard shampoo achieves its great smell. After applying the shampoo, your beard will not only look nice but will also smell fresh and scented. The skin under the beard is generally dry, and so have some dead skin present. This cannot be treated just by shaving regularly, so an appropriate shampoo comes in place to achieve this function.
Without getting all the nutrients in beard shampoo, your beard will look dry, and messed up. You would feel too much itchiness and irritation. So using a beard shampoo can be a great aid.
How to use Beard Shampoo
There is no best way to wash your beard, and an educated guess would that just apply it the way one applies normal head shampoo. Basically, there are some different tricks needed to apply a beard shampoo. So, we have highlighted some major steps that are needed to efficiently use a beard shampoo. But if you have any better and easier tricks then feel free to use them and mainly, type them in the comment box below to share your tricks so it can be used by others.
1) Wash your beard with water– Similiar when washing head hair, wash your beard with water to moisten it. This step can be done while standing next to the sink, or under the shower. This step is necessary because you cannot spread shampoo properly with dry and closed faced pores. The most efficient way is to use hot water under the er which will open all the pores and moisten your skin.
2) Take appropriate amount of shampoo in your hands– Different grooming products need a different amount when applying them. Asa general rule, take a small amount first then take more if needed. After taking shampoo in your hands, spread it a little all over your hands.
3) Apply shampoo to your facial hair– THis process is easy but is the most important step because the shampoo needs to spread evenly all over the beard. Apply it to the neck first, then start moving up until chins. And then just scrub it on cheeks, sideburns, and other areas. Scrubbing is important because that will make shampoo reach roots and serve its important function.
4) Wash your beard– Using warm water, clean your beard properly in all directions. A shower may be helpful because it will clean all parts of the d properly. Again, using your hands make sure no shampoo is left in any parts of the beard.
5) Dry your beard with a towel– Use a towel, to properly clean and dry your beard. This will help you to properly shape your beard, and move to the next step.
6) Apply Grooming products– For good nourishment of skin underneath the beard, use beard oil or beard balm that will serve many functions like promoting growth, bringing shine, and supplying nutrients. Then after using these products use a beard comb to comb and shape your beard.
Now you are all ready to rock the world with your perfect beard!
How often should you apply Beard Shampoo?
Everyone wants their beard to look and smell great. But does that mean that you need to apply beard shampoo every day? The simple and straightforward answer is NO because the over-usage of something is harmful.
A good beard communicates confidence and handsomeness. But the question is what includes a good beard? Is it only smelling and looking good? It is more than that, a good beard includes that no dandruff and dead skin, is manageable through shaping it in an informed direction, and most importantly it is smooth.
But the problem with long beards is that food particles stick to it once in a while. This does not mean that you need to wash your beard every day, doing so will remove all the nutrients from your beard and will make it dry. So a rule of thumb is to use your best beard shampoo 2-3 times a week.
This will make sure that one doesn’t over-use it while keeping the beard clean and manageable. But you as a user need to know that just washing your beard with water does not do any harm to your beard. So feel free to clean it with water every day, while using shampoo 2-3 times a week.
It’s important for you to know certain things before you buy a man’s beard shampoo. These pointers will help you float easily through the buying process. So, here is our advice to you as a consumer-
- Quality should match the price- Before you buy a shampoo, makes sure the product is not too high priced for a very little quality. A high priced product does not mean that it brings a great quality with it, the same is true for a low priced product which will not necessarily bring low quality. Check the ingredients, and match it with the price so you will know the perfect price for that particular product.
- Read the label before buying a product- A label is a father and the product is the son. You should always refer to father before taking the son to a party. The label carries all the information necessary that will prove the product’s efficiency and essential ingredients. If your skin is allergic to any ingredient that buying that product is not a good choice.
- Does it bring experience? A great product is not because of what it does, it is because of the experience it brings with itself. The best beard wash is a result of the best shampoo with an experience. Also, remember to check the scent of the product and match it with your expectations.
- There are different categories of beard shampoos like for beard growth, beard dandruff, etc. So you have to choose the appropriate one that satisfies your beard’s needs. There are some shampoos that do not provide any specific details, so that means that it works with any type of beard.
5 Best Beard Shampoos 2020 (quick summary)
5 Best Beard Shampoos reviews
Professor Edward J Fuzzworthy’s Gentleman’s Beard Gloss Shampoo – Best Beard Shampoo on Market
Features of this product include-
- Natural ingredients
- Is a shampoo bar rather than liquid, so easy to carry
- Promotes growth and nourishes the beard
The first on our list is this best selling shampoo. It is one of the highest-rated product because of what it does. This shampoo is made from all-natural ingredients that not only nourish your beard, but it also brings the desired smoothness and shines to beard, which. makes it easy for you to shape it.
This is a shampoo that is not liquid, it is rather a hard bar. That’s true, a bar of shampoo. Now you might be wondering that why might be selling a hand soap bar rather than a shampoo, but that is absolutely not true. They are providing a Beard shampoo bar that is easy to carry and use. This portability makes your travel more convenient.
This bar of shampoo is rich in olive and castor oil, leatherwood beeswax and honey. These ingredients not only brings shine to beard but also promotes growth. It cleans your beard and skin underneath that will make your beard look perfect.
Another point to note is that this is a multi-purpose shampoo, which means that it can be used for head hair too. It has no chemicals or artificial ingredients that will do any harm to your body. The woodsy scent that it brings with itself is another experience in itself. This scent will be a great aid to your beard, and it will keep it smelling fresh.
Lastly, the price at which it comes is very affordable and one shampoo bar is equal to 2 bottles of normal shampoo. It also contains some similar ingredients to beard oil or beard balm, so after using this shampoo bar use less of other products. This shampoo bar will also make combing easy for you.
Being the best shampoo in the market, there is nothing wrong with this product. All users are really happy with it usage and have given 5 stars to this beard shampoo.
Ingredients– Rosemary, Shea butter, natural peppermint, olive oil, limonene, linalool.
- Great price for a product similar to 2 normal shampoo bottles
- Cleans, soften and provides a woodsy scent to beard
- Can be used on head and beard
Spartans Den Premium Beard Shampoo– Best Shampoo For Beard Dandruff
Main Features of this product include-
- Reduces beard dandruff and itchiness
- Leaves a classic scent behind
- Contains essential oils
Based in the USA, Spartans company is revolutionizing the grooming products for men. The company handcrafts each and every product, making them in small batches. This makes sure that each product has the best quality with organic ingredients.
There are many things that ake this oil one of the best shampoo for beard dandruff, the most essential being its ingredients. This shampoo contains aloe vera that helps treat dryness in the skin underneath the beard and helps cure the irritation. Other natural oils like argan, jojoba, grapeseed, avocado and coconut oils help reduce dandruff in the beard and promote hair growth, Beard dandruff is a common problem that causes itchiness, and it blocks beard growth. So by reducing dandruff and flakiness, this shampoo makes sure that hair growth rejuvenates and there is no itch.
As expected from any washing product, this shampoo also cleans your beard by stripping away dirt, without using any harsh chemicals. This supplies all the nutrients to the sensitive skin and makes your beard thicker and healthy. The best thing about this shampoo is that it comes with a classic scent. After washing beard, Spartans Sen Shampoo leaves behind a clean masculine scent.
Now you might be wondering what is the price of this product; you don’t need to worry because this product is a product that will easily fit your budget. If you are looking for a good product with an average price then this is the right product for you.
Ingredients: Aqua, Decyl Glucoside, Lauryl Betaine, Sodium Chloride, Xantham Gum, Phenoxyethanol, Aloe Vera, Citric Acid, Benzoic Acid, Dehydroacetic Acid, Shea Olein, Coconut Oil, and much more.
- Unique scent
- Reduces itch and promotes healthy beard
- It contains oils like coconut oil, argan oil, etc.
- Some reviewers complain that the shampoo is a little watery, so you cannot carry this shampoo when you travel
Bluebeards Original Beard Wash– Best Beard Shampoo with Extra Conditioning
Some key features of this product include-
- Conditions your beard by providing essential nutrients
- No residue and softens the beard, making it easy to comb
- Works for both skin and beard
The third product on our list is this shampoo by Bluebeard, which nourishes beard and skin at the same time. This shampoo gives an advantage of both beard shampoo and facial soap. There are some ingredients in this shampoo which makes this functionality possible.
This company wanted to invent something new into two markets at the same time. So rather than trying to invent two products, they combined features of both products into one product and that is how this shampoo was made. It treats your facial skin and beard at the same time. According to Bluebeards company, the results of using this product would be noticed right after using it for one or two times. So let’s discover a few features that this product has to offer to every guy with a wonderful beard.
Firstly, this shampoo treats beard dandruff and itchiness as any other shampoo, while also nourishing the beard by supplying aloe vera with soothes and softens skin and beard. This shampoo carries Provitamin B5 that increases hair elasticity and smoothness.
Similar to a normal shampoo, this product also clears the trapped dirt and oils by using lime. It also clears clogged pores and softens skin. Traditional Shampoos and soaps just clean the dirt and do not affect the skin, but it is not a case with this product. Aloe and extra cleaning agents clean skin and beard, also leaving and good scent behind. The scent is a fresh one that comes from all the natural ingredients.
Using this shampoo will make your lives easier for sure. It will allow you to shape your beard whatever way you please using a beard comb. Talking about the price of this product, it is an absolute perfect investment. It is really affordable for what it brings to the table.
Ingredients include Panthenol, Lecithin, Citrus Auranitfolia, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Sorbic Acid, Purified Water, Decyl Glucoside, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Glycerin, Xantham Gum, Propylene Glycol, Honey, Vitamin E, Aloe Vera Leaf Juice,
- Works for both beard and skin underneath
- WEssential oils and nutrients to condition beard
- Fresh scent
- It doesn’t lather as expected, so makes cleaning a little harder
GRAVE BEFORE SHAVE Beard WASH– Best Shampoo For Beard Growth
Main Features of this product includes-
- Contains Argan oil with classic barbershop scent
- Promotes beard hair growth
- Nourishes beard
Looking at this product, it simply feels like a men’s experience. One can easily tell that this product is truly made for men with beards. With a focus to keep men’s happy through providing quality beard products including this shampoo. This shampoo basically does what every beard shampoo is expected to do.
Starting with what this product can do, this shampoo tames unruly beard and makes combing easy through a gentle formula that hydrates and cleans the beard while nourishing it like a baby. The essential oils in it reduce itchiness and beard dandruff.
The best thing about this product is its scent. One of the ingredients of this product is argan oil, in a classic barbershop scent. If you don’t know what this smells like, then you are missing a major part of grooming products. This is definitely a product you should try just because of scent.
Among other things that this product can do, it cleans the beard by removing all the flakes and beards. The deep conditioning formula softens the beard and reduces itchiness. Mainly, this product will bring s shine to your beard hair that will make the beard look perfect.
Talking about the price of this product, it is a really low priced product for what it has to offer. So you don’t have an excuse to make about the price of this product. The Grave brand is known to make quality products and they have promised return if you are not satisfied.
The main ingredient includes argan oil, tree oil and it is allergen Free and free of Gluten, Nickel, Lanolin, Paraben, MCI/MI, Topical Antibiotic, Soy, and Propylene Glycol.
- Good Price for an amazing product
- Removes flakes and itchiness from beard
- Contains argan oil
- Some reviewers on Amazon complain that over-usage will cause dry beard
ArtNaturals Natural Beard Shampoo Wash– Best Beard Shampoo with Natural Oils
Main features of this product include-
- Contains Rosemary Extract and Blue Cypress Wood Oil to promote beard growth
- Has Natural oils
- Treats beard itch and makes the beard soft
Artsnatural is a reputed company that has maintained its well-deserved reputation by supplying hair products with natural oils.
This shampoo has jojoba oil that deep cleans har and skin, argan oil to soothe hair follicles. Among many things this shampoo can do, it has a formula of different nutrients that are made to deal with different types of hair that makes beards and mustaches. The shampoo also contains aloe vera that removes beard dandruff and makes beard hair smooth. The redness an inflammation will also be cured after using this shampoo, because of the tree oil it comes with. This shampoo will make your best beard wash without any pain.
Sometimes beard washes can be cumbersome. But using all the organic ingredients and natural oils, this shampoo will make combing easy and reduce beard itch. The main thing that this product accomplishes is promoting hair growth. Using a formula that contains enhancing Rosemary Extract and Blue Cypress Wood Oil, hair growth on any type of skins including sensitive skin is promoted.
The appropriate amount of shampoo to use is a quarter-size amount. Massaging it the way we suggested above, you can easily treat all your beard problems. Talking about the price of this product, it is just priced as a regular shampoo. Not too expensive, this product has a lot to offer including a quality beard growth.
Ingredients include argan oil, jojoba oil, tree oil, aloe vera, shea butter, and much more. This product is sulfate-free which will cause no reactions to your beard. The only thing that might concern you is the smell because some users complain the smell is somewhat strange and funny.
- Removes flakes and reduces itch
- Good Price
- Promotes hair growth
- Some reviewers complain that the smell is somewhat strange and funny
1. Does beard growth shampoo work?
Answer: The simple answer to this question is yes, beard shampoo works! A shampoo like Professor Fuzzworthy’s Gentleman’s Beard Gloss Shampoo contains the organic ingredients that are necessary to promote hair growth and shine. Professor fuzzworthy’s shampoo makes your beard easy to comb by supplying essential oils to sensitive skin.
2.What is the best beard shampoo?
Answer: There is no one best shampoo, especially when all of them basically do the same thing. But, we think that Professor Fuzzworthy’s Beard Gloss Shampoo will do everything that you want a shampoo to do after beard washes. Additionally, it can also be used for hair, which makes it a multi-purpose product. It will make your beard easy to comb and apply beard oil or beard balm.
3. Can you use hair shampoo on a beard?
Answer: The answer is no, you cannot use a hair shampoo for the beard. There are few reasons, one of them being hair products are designed for long and comparatively smooth hairs, while the beard is short and a little rough. So, a different set of essential oils and ingredients are needed to achieve this functionality. It is like drinking energy drinks instead of water, which is not theoretically possible. Though there are some shampoos we discussed above, which can be used for hair and beard both.
4. Do I really need a Beard Shampoo?
Answer: That depends on your beard. Generally, after your beard grows a little long then dandruff and flakiness will be a common issue, so to avoid and cure this issue you need a beard conditioning shampoo. This product also nourishes sensitive skin and also reducing beard itch. Beard shampoos do many more things, and so it is a worthwhile investment.
Secret Sauce-How do we choose Best Beard Shampoos and Conditioners?
Through our extensive research, we try to find the best products for your beard. There is no secret sauce that we use to narrow down a few products from a thousand different ones. There are a few tools that we use, which are not at all advanced.
The basic way through which we know that a product is good or bad is user reviewers. Browsing through many websites, we try to find honest reviews about a product. Then by comparing them to price, quality, ingredients, etc. we shortlist that product. Our team has not tried every single product because of a lack of resources to do so, but we have made sure that they will work just as perfectly with your beard.
We would love to hear your experience, please feel free to share it with us!
This blog was surrounding the topic of Best Beard Shampoo Canada that your beard deserves in 2020. We covered topics like what is a beard shampoo and how does it help, how is it different from regular shampoo, how to use it effectively, then things to keep in mind before buying a beard shampoo, and then we provided detailed reviews on 5 best beard shampoos in the market that can be used in Canada.
We would like to hear from you about what shampoo do you use and your honest opinion. That is all for now, see you in the next blog!