What’s the Best Electric Shaver For Sensitive Skin? What is the Best Electric Razor For Sensitive Skin? It is quite a sensible question, as the one who has normal skin can use any razor or trimmer, but what about the sensitive skin guys?
Having used the traditional blade razors and suffered through many painful experiences, we can say that we can feel your pain. Our reason for choosing an electric shaver is razor burn, bumps, and skin irritation. And it could be the same for you as well.
Another reason is technological up-gradation as you would want to cope up with the latest trends and innovations. However, it becomes a daunting task to find the best electric shaver for sensitive skin.
To ease your pain of finding the best shaver for sensitive skin and end up being confused, we decided to write up an article.
Here, you will get a list of electric shavers/razors explicitly designed to cater to sensitive skin. The guide consists of all the essential points that you should consider before buying an electric shaver. Also, it contains the difference between foil and rotary shavers.
So, keep reading the article and clear your concept about the electronic shavers for sensitive skin.
In A Hurry? Here Are Our Top 3 Picks!
- Special Feature: Increases power in denser hair, Includes Docking Station: Charges, Clean, Dry
- Color: Silver
- Blade Material: Stainless Steel
- Item Weight: 0.9 Kilograms
- Special Feature: Triple action cutting system, No Docking Station, Wet & Dry
- Color: Blue/Black
- Blade Material: Stainless Steel
- Item Weight: 0.36 Kilograms
- Color: Blue
- Blade Material: Stainless Steel
- Item Weight: 2.6 Pounds
- Power Source: Battery Powered
Table Of Content
- Quick Summary of Best Electric Shavers for Sensitive Skin
- Philips Norelco Electric Shaver 7500
- Panasonic Arc5 Electric Razor
- Philips Norelco OneBlade Face & Body Shaver
- Braun Electric Shaver 7900CC
- Panasonic Wet & Dry Electric Shaver
- Braun 5190CC
- Philips Norelco 5100
- Braun Series 3 ProSkin Electric Razor
- Buying Guide for the Best Electric Shaver for Sensitive Skin
- Foil vs Rotary Shaver – Which is Best for Sensitive Skin?
- How to Use an Electric Shaver for Sensitive Skin?
Quick Summary of Best Electric Shavers for Sensitive Skin
Philips Norelco Electric Shaver 7500
- Technology: AquaTech
- Battery: 50-minutes runtime = 1 hour charging time
- Type: Rotary
Best Feature: The shaver head contains comfort rings that produce less friction and deliver comfortable shaving. Another feature is the DynamicFlex Technology that moves the head to 5-directions.
The “most comfortable shave” you get from a brand is none other than Philips Norelco. There are other famous brands as well on the market, but Philips Norelco shaver gives a tough competition. The company is one of the leading players in the world of electric shaving tools. And also an emerging player that spiked the chart of maintaining quality.
Not 1 or 2, but numerous reasons can make you a fan of Philips 7500.
Firstly, the GentlePrecision blade is an excellent choice by the company for men with sensitive skin. It comfortably and efficiently collects hair in an optimal cutting position that helps in reducing irritation and friction. From short and flat-lying hair to 3-day stubble, the blades cut without pulling the hairs.
Secondly, what we liked about Philips Norelco shaver are the quality and material. For instance, the list of razors in the 7000 series line features patented Comfort Rings that consist of thousands of powder-like beads. These beads make the surface smoother, making the shaving experience better and more comfortable.
Another eye-catching feature of Philips 7500 is DynamicFlex technology, wherein the shaver’s three rotary heads move in 5 different directions to reach all the areas of the face and neck. It is powerful and covers all the tricky areas as well.
Lastly, the shaver features AquaTec Technology that allows you to trim with shaving cream or under the shower. Another benefit of this technology is you will be relieved from cleaning hassle.
Keeping the cleaning process in mind, the company offers a SmartClean system. It cleans, lubricates, and charges your shaver. The system uses an alcohol-free and skin-friendly formula for cleaning the shaver.
The Deluxe storage case that company offers is mind-blowing. It has a ventilation chamber in it to quickly dry the shaver on the go. Isn’t it amazing? The minute detailing makes the company stand different from others.
Since the shaver considers pre- and post-shaving hassles, it will require a good amount of investment, but not to the level of Panasonic ES-LV9Q. Also, the investment is worth every penny since the company focuses on quality and one-stop solutions.
- LED display for battery level, cleaning notification, charging indicator, shaving head replacement indicator, and travel lock indicator. Automatically stops charging once the shaver charges fully.
- Great electric shaver for sideburns, detail work, and mustaches
- It comes with a lithium battery and a power cord.
- Gentle on sensitive skin
- Lifts flat-lying facial hair
- Follows contours of your face
- Shaves tricky area hairs
- Comfort rings for a smoother surface
- LED display for indication
- Quite expensive electric shaver
- High long-term ownership cost
Panasonic Arc5 Electric Razor
- Technology: Shave Sensor Technology
- Battery: 45 minutes runtime
- Type: Foil
Best Feature: The shaver features a Shave Sensor Technology, which adjusts the power according to the density of your facial hair.
For close shave enthusiasts, this shaver from Panasonic is the best. It contains ample features that will benefit the user.
First, let’s discuss Shave Sensor Technology. Since you know it is the best feature of this shaver, let us know more about it in detail. It activates when the shaver encounters dense beard areas. With more precision and power, it makes it possible to shave those areas without compromising on performance.
Another factor of Panasonic Arc5 is 5-ultra-sharp precision-honed 30-degree Nanotech blades that are attached to thin arc foil. These arc foils capture, hold and cut different types of hair.
Besides, the hypoallergenic razor blades ensure a comfortable and close shave. You will require to timely oil the blades to prolong their life, and not doing it may quickly wear them out.
It has a multiflex pivoting head that easily detects corners and edges of the face, jaw, chin, and neck. The razor head is so smooth that it doesn’t snag or pull your head, body, or facial hair.
The head comfortably moves from side to back and forth, reaching efficiently to all the areas of your face.
Besides, the pop-up trimmer helps to trim sideburns and mustaches. And how can we forget a high-performance Arc5 motor with a linear drive that offers 14000 cuts per minute?
All this without compromising on performance until the battery runs down. The battery takes an hour to charge fully and offers 45 minutes of runtime. The international dual voltage conversion makes it ready to use anywhere in the world.
Besides featuring universal voltage, the trimmer features a travel lock that saves unnecessary battery draining.
Therefore, you can consider it as one of the best electric razors for sensitive skin.
- Wet or dry shaving. You can use this foil razor with your shaving foam or gel.
- LCD indicator shows 10-stage battery status, universal voltage, travel safety lock.
- The Arc5 system gives a clean and efficient shave.
- Lightweight and easy to use & hold
- Extreme closer shave
- Motor adjust according to density
- Ideal for sideburns and mustaches
- Not good charging station
- Less runtime
Philips Norelco OneBlade Face & Body Shaver
- Technology: OneBlade Shaving Technology
- Battery: 60 minutes = 4 hours charging time
- Type: One-Blade
Best Feature: The versatility of the shaver makes it different and unique on the list. Along with the facial hair, it will help you shave full body hair as well.
As the name suggests, the shaver for men can shave all the hairy areas of the body. The OneBlade cartridge razor (because of the looks) is a great trimming tool for sensitive skin.
The electric shaver comes with two blades that cater to the face and body. One blade with 1, 2, 3, and 5mm stubble comb for your facial hair. Another one with a 3mm blade for your entire body hair.
The blades are dual-sided that will help you to style edges or create lines near mustache, sideburns, and jawlines. The blades last for about 4-months, which is another advantage as you will have a low long-term ownership cost.
Considering the blade is sharper, which may end up cutting your skin, the green-tipped teeth feature on the blades to ensure that it protects the skin from scratching or tearing. The teeth are on both ends as the blades work dual-side.
The OneShaving Technology features a fast-moving and powerful cutter to cut even the longer hairs. The cutter moves around 200 times per second with dual protection to deliver an efficient shaving experience.
The Philips Norelco electric shaver (cartridge razor) is also known as a hybrid unit as it is a shaver and a razor with exceptional capabilities. It gives you the freedom to shave with or without shaving cream and dry or under the shower.
The shaver features a Li-ion battery that gives 60 minutes of runtime, which is more than the costly shaver on the list. However, it requires 4-hours to charge the shaver fully.
The attachments amazed us; it comes with 3-stubble combs and a 3mm comb to trim the body hair. It has a skin guard for protecting skin from unwanted cuts or scratches.
- Dual protection system coated with rounded edges for an easy, comfortable, and close shave
- Dual-sided blades style and creates fine lines for effective and stylish design
- Optimal and durable blades last for 4-months.
- Hybrid unit delivering excellent shaving performance
- Rechargeable battery & versatile shaver
- OneBlade is a versatile and light-weight shaver
- Additional combs included in the kit
- Gently and closely shaves off the hair
- Requires 8 hours to fully charge
- Delivers only 45-minute battery life
Braun Electric Shaver 7900CC
- Technology: Intelligent Sonic
- Battery: 50 minutes = 1 hour charging time
- Type: Foil
Best Feature: The ActiveLift shaver lifts and cuts the flat-lying hair. Another is the 3-shaving element and 1-skin guard to protect the skin from cuts and nicks.
Many of you might don’t know that Braun was a radio component manufacturing company before stepping into the grooming product industry.
Braun 7900 is a part of Braun series 7 line “smart shaver” that is best for sensitive skin. Braun series is excellent against the different face, hair, and beard style.
The amazing feature is that Braun series 7900CC comes with a synchronized shaving element, where it slices down any hair type with just a single stroke. You don’t need to glide the shaver on the skin multiple times. The 8-D flexible head adjusts according to the contours of your face and captures the smallest hair.
The AutoSensing technology bolsters the blades with maximum power when encountered with thick hair and normal power when it tries to cut thin hair.
All thanks to the Li-ion battery that offers a 50-minutes runtime with just an hour of charging. There is a premium display that shows battery level in 3-different steps.
The 5 TurboSensitive modes for adjusting power from maximum to minimum. An Innovative Sonic technology catches tricky and flat hair from the skin.
The Precision foil shaving head does wonder by trimming down the whiskers that aren’t easily captured or trimmed off.
Lastly, the alcohol-based cleaning station also charges and lubricates your shaver.
- Five TurboSensitive modes don’t compromise on close shaving.
- AutoSensing modes trace the density of hair. It gives more power to the blade to trim thick hair
- Four synchronized shaving elements trim off the hair in one stroke. No need for multiple gliding over the same area
- Received more than 10K reviews on amazon for its quality, preciseness, and technology
- Made from German Craftsmanship, ensuring you with 7-years of use
- OptiFoil cuts the shortest possible length
- Waterproof shavers
- Adjusts with beard type
- Adjusts with beard coarseness
- Tricky area hair is no-big-deal for this Braun foil shaver
- Expensive and rarely available foils
- Quite expensive
- Blades dull quickly
- The cleaning station releases an overpowering alcohol aroma
Panasonic Wet & Dry Electric Shaver
- Technology: Shaving Sensor
- Battery: 45 minutes
- Type: Foil
Best Feature: The close shaving results are unbeatable by any of its peers.
The model from Panasonic is the third generation that distinguishes itself from others by equipping 5-blade shaving foil heads.
The linear-drive motor reinforces the blades to 14,000 cuts per minute and 70,000 cross-cutting per minute. It does not lose any whiskers and doesn’t compromise on performance as well.
The head is quite flexible as it can twist, slide, move up & down, left or right, and forward and backward.
It is a multi-flex 5D head that maintains close contact with the facial contours and gives irritation-free shaving. Just like other shavers on the list, Panasonic ES-LV9Q also features shaving sensor technology.
For ultra-close shave, the acute 30-cutting edge shaves the hair close to the skin. The Three distinct foil pattern is responsible for cutting and trimming the hard-to-reach areas. Also, you can use it under the shower and along with your shaving gel or foam.
The grooming kit includes a cleaning station that cleans your electric shaver on your behalf. But to be very frank, you can clean it manually as well.
The electric shaver is quite costly, so you need to have a considerable amount in your hand if you’re planning to buy this shaver.
The cost includes sharp blades, powerful motors, and high-quality shaves. Due to the high price, it is obvious to look for a substitute, but remember it will not deliver the expected results.
- The 5-blade cutting system gives a faster and smoother shave every time you use it.
- The flexible head gives you surety about the corners of your face.
- The shaving sensor technology detects denser hair and offers more power to trim.
- 3-distinct foil patterns work similarly to capture more hair
- The shaver is effective against medium to short facial hair.
- It gives the best possible result with shaving creams, gels, or foams.
- High-quality electric shaver with high-quality blades and motors
- Automatic cleaning station
- Good with shaving creams and gels
- Do not heat up and works irritation-free
- Gentle foils and two rollers for smooth gliding
- Quite Expensive
- Does not perform well on long hair
- Technology: Skin Sensitive Technology
- Battery: 50 minutes = 1 hour charging time
- Type: Foil
Best Feature: The dry shaving compatibility makes it a fantastic electric shaving gadget since it works amazingly well without causing pain and discomfort.
Another product from Braun’s product line capable of delivering the most comfortable shave is Braun 5190CC. But if you are a Braun user, you don’t need to worry about it, and if you are a different brand user, you must re-consider the product. Braun does not brag about its product, but it states what the shaver is capable of delivering.
Braun features AutoSensing technology that you must have heard about many times in the article. It helps in delivering power to the razor blade depending upon the thickness of the hair. The speed increases as it encounters thick hair and remains normal against the thin hair.
The skin-sensitive technology ensures optimum performance and excellent results with skin comfort. The 5190CC electric shaver for men comes with two foil blades and an Actilift middle trimmer.
All these comprise cutting the flat-lying hairs in 8-different directions with comfortable movement. The electric shaver works best both on wet & dry operations. You can also shave under the shower. Besides, it has got a textured grip, which will save you from slipping off from the hand, even if you shaving under the shower.
Also, it has a 3-level battery display which will give you an idea of charging left in the trimmer. You can quickly charge the shaver for a single shave with a quick charging feature in it. It offers 50-minutes of runtime with only an hour of charging.
The unit comes with a cleaning station for better cleaning and maintenance. The cleaning station is alcohol-free and ensures complete hygiene. We rate it as the best men’s electric razor for sensitive skin.
- Unlike other shavers with 5-direction, this comes as an 8-direction comfort flex head.
- Compatible with wet & dry operation.
- Three-level battery display to indicate the charging left.
- Minimizes pressure and maximizes shaving.
- The charging station lubricates and dries the shaver for the next use.
- Alcohol-based cleaning station
- Actilift trimmer
- Easy to use and textured grip
- Three-level battery display
- Eight-direction flex head
- Bulky electric shaver for men
Philips Norelco 5100
- Technology: AquaTech
- Battery: 40 minutes = 1-hour charging time
- Type: Rotary
Best Feature: The Multi-precision system effectively raises the blade for cutting long and short hair.
Usually, a quick shave leaves a little stubble and does not closely shave. There are chances of skin irritation, itching, or burning. It is an issue with fast shaving, but there is a solution to it; Philips 5100 Electric rotary razor.
The high-tech, innovative, and modern shavers do both the jobs effectively, i.e., fast and closer shave. The shaver trims the whiskers fastly without compromising on comfort and convenience. That’s the reason why it is known to be perfect for men with very sensitive skin.
The Philips Norelco 5100 does this efficiently because of its MultiPrecision blade system. The blades are so sharp that they can cut both long and short facial hair.
The blades on a flexible head move in 5-directions to ensure close trimming. And not only does it shave the beard, head, or mustache but also the jawline and neck. However, the shaver requires multiple passing on the same spot for close shaving.
What mesmerizes me about the Philips Norelco 5100 is its AquaTec wet & dry functionality. With the help of technology, you can use it with your gel, foam, or cream. And you can use it under the shower as well. Undoubtedly, it is the best electric shaver for men with very sensitive skin.
The shaver consists of Li-ion batteries that offer more than 50-minutes of runtime, which sums up to 13 shaves per charge. It takes an hour to charge the shaver fully.
The shaver also stands on last-minute requests, which means if you are in a hurry, you can charge it for 5-minutes, and it will allow a single shave.
The cleaning is also not a hassle as you just need to pop the head and rinse off under the water. Also, you will get a notification on the LED display of the shaver about cleaning. Besides, it also notifies about low battery level, replacement shaving heads, and travel-lock indicator.
- SmartClick Precision beard trimmer comes with this electric shaver for final touch-ups and details.
- LED display that indicates battery timing, cleaning indicator, and a replacement head indicator.
- The MultiPrecision blade system caters to cutting long and short trimmers.
- AquaTec technology ensures a wet shave under the shower.
- Powerful and robust motor for a fast and effective shave
- Wet & dry use
- Clean shave with no multiple trimming one same spot
- Bulky electric shaver
Braun Series 3 ProSkin Electric Razor
- Technology: MicroComb
- Battery: 45 minutes = 1 hour charging
- Type: Foil
Best Feature: The Triple action cutting system requires only single passing of blades to chop down the thick and thin facial hair.
It is one of the budget-friendly electric razors for sensitive skin from Braun’s product line. The electric shaver offers a comfortable shave on delicate skin types. The ProSkin electric shaver delivers significant results, which even a Braun series 5 or 7 cannot deliver. Of course, Braun series 7 is unbeatable in other ways, but series 3 wins when it comes to delivering performance.
It does quite a good job against Panasonic Arc3 as it can trim 2 to 3 days of stubble as well, which the competitor cannot. You can use pre-shaving lotion for optimum performance.
Apart from this, if we talk about shaving elements, the razor’s blades and foils are compiled into a single cassette, which is not available separately. You need to buy it together.
The material of the cassette is plastic, but it is quite strong and sturdy. It is superior to the previous version and is quite durable. It is attached with a precision trimmer on the back of the razor.
The trimmer does not feature a travel-lock safety but has a turn-on/off switch that requires a lot of pressure. Therefore, there is no need to worry about the razor turning on inside the luggage.
Talking about how much it runs on single charging, then the razor features a Ni-MH battery that delivers 45 minutes of runtime with an hour to charge the unit fully.
The excellent cleaning station does the job of charging and cleaning together. You can use the razor for wet and dry shave.
- 3-blade setup with 2-outer foils for stubble and 1-middle trimmer for long beard. Micro-comb capable of capturing more hairs in one stroke.
- Blades and foils come in a single cassette-like frame that is not available separately.
- Attached with a trimmer for long hair, a 3-level battery charging indicator. Operated only on a cordless type.
- 5-minute quick charging feature for a single stroke
- Comfortable and ideal for sensitive skin
- Pocket-friendly shaving heads
- Wet and dry shaving
- Newbies can also use
- Not good for coarse, rugged, and dusky beard
- No close shaving possible
It is a list of powerful electric shavers reviews, but do you know what to look for when buying such an electric shaver for yourself? You have seen what it includes, what technology it constitutes, and how it works.
So, keep reading the below section and excel yourself in sorting out the best electric shaver.
Buying Guide for the Best Electric Shaver for Sensitive Skin
As you know, the market is flooded with razors and shavers, but all aren’t suitable for sensitive skin. The challenge is to find the best electric shavers for sensitive skin. It was a headache when there was no information out there on the internet, but now you don’t need to worry about it.
What type of razor should you choose for sensitive skin?
Two types of razors are suitable for sensitive skin, i.e., rotary and foil. Foils shavers are always preferable by industry experts for sensitive skin. There is a difference between both of them, which we will discuss later in the article.
But the gist of both the razors is – the rotary razors feature circular heads that rotate and cover the hairs with their spinning blade. On the other hand, the rotary shaver has a thin metal foil with oscillating blades.
How sharp should the blade be?
The sharpness of the blades depends on the type of skin. For sensitive skin, the blade should not be extra sharp as it might harm your skin. Also, a less sharp blade might get dull quickly due to quality issues. It can also cause pulling or tugging that might cause pain and discomfort.
And we know how it feels when the hair puls off from the skin. We don’t want you to suffer the same. You should choose the blade that requires lesser movement over the same area and trim off most of the hairs in a single stroke. The electric shaver consists of stainless steel, and there are a few that have titanium coating.
What motor speed should the electric shaver have?
An electric shaver depends on the motor to bolster the blades by powering it with torque. The blades move faster if the motor is powerful, and that’s the reason for slicing the hairs in one go. The faster-moving blade does not tug or pull hairs unless they are coarse or rugged. How can you measure that motor speed? It is measurable in cycles per minute (CPM).
The best motors are the one that has around 12000 to 14000 CPM. Here, the faster-moving blades shave without applying pressure and gliding the razor on the same spot several times. The only thing to keep in mind is that the motor does not heat the blades because if that happens, then it might damage your skin as well.
Is the electric shaver compatible with a wet or dry operation?
Most electric shavers for sensitive skin are compatible with a wet or dry operation. It becomes an added advantage for users with sensitive skin. You can use an electric shaver under the shower or with shaving gel or cream.
Shaving creams are good for sensitive skin, dry, or coarse beard hairs as it builds a protection layer for the skin. This factor you must keep in mind while buying an electric shaver for your sensitive skin.
What type of razor should you select?
Corded or cordless is the choice that depends entirely on your need and preference. A corded shaver’s biggest advantage is that it does not bring the risk of battery running out of time. You can trim longer hairs. But the biggest disadvantage is the cord itself. The cord might tangle, require a power outlet, and not idle for frequent travelers.
On the other hand, cordless means more maneuverability, mobility, and convenience. It can be its biggest advantage. However, it comes with limited battery life, and you need to charge it for hours and hours. What is good about a cordless shaver is it comes with an LED screen that shows battery percentage. Lithium-ion batteries are ideal because they do not quickly discharge and hold the maximum charge.
Is the razor both trimmer and shaver?
The electric shavers come with an adjustable blade system wherein you can adjust to achieve your desired close shave. The razor that comes with multiple options is smoother and offers a less-irritating shave.
Now the modern razors are equipped with pop-up trimmers that deliver attractive, clean, and clear details on your facial hairs and sideburns.
Now that you have seen the major points to consider while buying an electric shaver, you must know the major differences between the foil and rotary shaver. You know the gist of it, now let’s unveil in-depth differences about it.
Foil vs Rotary Shaver – Which is Best for Sensitive Skin?
Below is an in-depth wealth of information on both the shavers. By the end of the article, you will get to know which is the best shaver. Ideally, industry experts consider foil shavers to be the best and the most trusted grooming tool.
Let’s begin with:
John F. O’Rourke was the first person who received the patent for an electric shaver in 1898. Later on, many others came into the industry by developing an advanced electric shaver. So, for more than 2-centuries, the electric shaver has been ruling the grooming industry. With bits and pieces modifications, the razor has evolved along with the technology and presented the best versions.
This electric razor is slim and has a curved metal foil that takes care of oscillating blades. These blades go by the name – they move back and forth rather than in a circular motion. What makes foil shavers good and comparatively better for sensitive skin?
The foil that covers the blades provides a larger surface area for trimming. Here, the quality foil razors easily take care of shaving and trimming. The shaver is not only good for the rare shavers but also works best with daily shavers. However, men with thick and coarse facial hair should not use foil shavers.
Some important points to know about the foil razor:
- Foil shavers are noisier than rotary shavers.
- The metal foil is responsible for lifting and directing the whiskers to cut blades. These oscillating blades then cut the hair with their back and forth motion.
- Back and forth movement is the usual style of shaving. Many men opt for up and down movement, which is easier than circular movement. Foils shavers aren’t a good option for shaving in a circular motion, but they might cause razor burns and skin irritation.
Being not recommended by industry experts does not mean rotary shavers aren’t powerful; they are still competitive and preferred by men in the world. Why? Because of the three circular heads covering spinning blades. It is one of the reasons why there are millions of fans of rotary shavers.
Another eye-catching feature is the design that contours to the face. As you slowly move it on your face, it automatically adjusts to the shape of your face and trims all the hair. Also, you don’t need to worry about shaving the tricky areas and the ability to pivot.
As foil razor caters to thin and straight hair, the rotary razor comfortably cuts the thick and coarse hair with regular or tougher skin. These rotary shavers are aggressive, making them not ideal for sensitive skin. That’s the reason why sensitive skin men should prefer a foil razor and not a rotary shaver.
Some normal points to remember:
- Rotary shavers easily adjust to the contours of the face.
- Spinning blades are under three circular heads and an outer guard for directing stubble to the blade.
- Ideal for tough skin and thick and rugged beard hair
You have seen the major differences between the foil and rotary shavers. Now let’s unveil how to use an electric shaver on sensitive skin.
How to Use an Electric Shaver for Sensitive Skin?
Gliding electric razors will save you from unnecessary skin burns, irritation, ingrown hairs, and razor bumps unless you don’t know how to use them.
Before you start using an electric shaver, you should first prepare your beard for it.
- The long and tricky hairs can be the reason for tugging and pulling by the electric shaver. It grows on the jawline or Adam’s apple, and to avoid the pain, you can use scissors to cut the hair, making it ideal for an electric shaver.
- For dry shaving, you must make sure that both your facial hair and an electric shaver are dried out.
- For a wet shave, wash your beard with lukewarm water so that the pores are open and the hair doesn’t lay flat on the skin.
- Wet shaving also means using shaving cream, and that too, quality cream. The cheap shaving cream leaves you with irritative skin or not pleasant after the shave experience.
- For a cordless electric shaver, you must know that it is 100% charged. The slower motors often generate minimum power, resulting in tugging or pulling off the hair.
- Ensure you regularly apply blade oil so that there is free and smooth movement of blades and foils. Also, it takes care of not heating up and increases the lifespan of the blades. You see in our list, there are mostly razors with a cleaning station, and those that do not have cleaning stations come with lubricant oil.
You must shave the sensitive area, which is the skin near the ears, Adam’s apple, and the neck. These are the most sensitive areas as compared to the other parts of the face. Electric shavers might heat up, and then gliding it to these areas will be difficult. It might irritate the skin so take care of it.
Always remember, gliding the electric shaver on the skin with too much pressure does not necessarily mean you get a close shave. Instead, you will face razor bumps or burns that will leave you in a painful experience.
If you are thinking that like a manual razor where blades directly come into contact with the skin, applying pressure on an electric shaver will help you, then you must stop doing it. And if your electric shaver isn’t delivering results without applying much pressure, then you must change your grooming arsenal.
You must know that manual razors work along with the direction of the hair growth, and the electric shaver work opposite hair growth. Shaving against the grain will be helpful when you use foil heads. It will achieve maximum results.
On the other hand, the circular movement of the rotary shaver will require both clock and anti-clockwise movements to cut all the facial hair.
Built-in trimmer advantage
Trimming sideburns, long hair, and mustaches are essential before you start shaving with your electric shaver. The trimmer is responsible for detailed work, so it is imperative to have a trimmer in your kit. But you must have read the article about the shaver with pop-up trimmers.
Using such an electric shaver with a pop-up trimmer will help you cut and shave it closely and effectively.
Only shaving should not be your goal if you care for the beard and mustache. Many things are post-shaving that you should ensure that you can have good growth again. You should take some time after shaving for your sensitive skin so that you can pamper it.
After shaving off, wash your face with cold water to calm down the skin and close the pores. It will also remove stray hair, lotion, and any powder used for dry-shaving. Apart from this, you can apply aftershave to hydrate the skin and minimize razor burn.
Aftershave contains aloe that ensures a soothing experience. These are alcohol-free and made of natural ingredients. Just pour 2-3 drops in your palm, emulsify it, and massage it on your sensitive area to overcome razor burn.
1. What is the best electric razor for sensitive skin?
The list in this article includes the best electric razor for sensitive skin, and you can pick any of the razors or shavers after going through the review. The review will help you know your requirements. And based on the requirement, you can place an order for yourself or your loved ones.
2. Is there an electric shaver that shaves as close as a blade?
Panasonic wins the race of offering the closest shave. Braun comes 2nd but tops the chart in providing a comfortable shaving experience.
3. How to maintain your electric razor?
You should always check for the blades and replace them if you find them dull. Secondly, you should continually oil the blades and foils for smoother and better performance. Thirdly, you should clean your razor after every use, especially foils and blades. Don’t press too hard unless it is required. And last but not least, use pre-shaving lotion for dry shaving and quality shaving cream or gel for wet shaving.
4. Do electric shavers irritate skin?
It is a thumb rule that the less the shaver comes into contact with the skin, the lesser chances of unnecessary skin irritation. And it happens only when the blades are dull or the foils are wearing out. So you should keep an eye on blades and foils and regularly lubricate or change it.
Foils shavers have won our hearts in offering comfortable and irritation-free shaves. The article includes the best electric razors for sensitive skin and the types of shavers, so now it depends on you which one to choose.
All the razors come with features that set them apart from others. We have included trimmers that are feature-loaded, expensive, affordable, gentle, and consist of quality material.
It depends on you which one to choose for yourself, but one thing we can assure you is that picking anyone would not disappoint you. Otherwise, it would not have been on our list. With this, we end this article and expect to read your thoughts, comments, shaving, or buying experience.