I hope you’ll agree to me when I say,
“You call it fashion facial hair; I call it awesomeness escaping through my face”
Beards are one of the most important factors for men to look handsome and smart because it reflects their personality. But maintaining a good and a shiny beard can be challenging sometimes, especially when one has thousands of different options to choose a good maintenance product. In this article, we are going to make your lives easier by sharing all the characteristics of beard oils and why to use it every day. Also, we’ve researched, reviewed, tested, and compared 9 best beard oils from different brands to help you find the best one!
What is Beard Growth Oil and What are the Benefits of Using Beard Oils?
With one of the most important tools in a grooming kit, beard oil is a cosmetic product for men, that is used to nourish the skin under the beard, as well as the beard to keep it soft, shiny, and dandruff free. It’s one of the distinct advantages that help change your beard from a negligible mass of facial hair to one that others respect. Not so you need the reverence of others, however, oil can assist you with obtaining the confidence that you’re always putting your best beard forward. Below are some advantages of using beard oil-
- Helps beard grow-Beard growth oil nourishes the facial hair by making its roots stronger and preventing split ends. If you have somewhat patches of hair on your face, beard oil will make the growth of hair uniform around the face and will make you look handsome.
- Nourishes and moisturizes hair-Similar to a mother nourishing her child with essential nutrients to keep it hydrated, beard oil nourishes the facial hair to make it softer. It also acts like water to both hair and the skin under it, by supplying it essential nutrients for growth.
- Provides a good smell-Beard oils are always scented, and this avoids your good-looking facial hair from stinking. Your beard will fresh and cleanall day depending the oils you use
- Prevents beard dandruff-Dandruff is caused due to dry skin under your facial hair but using beard oil will moisturize it and would avoid dry skin and excessive itchiness.
All these benefits of using Beard oils come with certain disadvantages which you should be also aware of before starting to use them-
- Can Cause allergic reactions– It’s obvious that all users have different skin and different nutrient requirements, so some of these oils are not suitable for someone and can sometimes cause allergies and reactions
- It can be expensive– According to Few people, beard growth products are expensive sometimes and can empty your pockets. But don’t worry, because our extensive research (link) has got you covered, by providing some best products with good costs
- High maintenance and can take a long time to show results– Beard growth oils aren’t the products which will start showing results in just one day, it’s a long process and will show results in certain period depending on the person
Table of Content
- The Top 9 Beard Oils in Market
- Beard Oils vs Beard Balm
- Before and After Using Beard Growth Oil
- How and When to Apply Beard Oil?
- What is the Right Amount and How Often to Apply it?
- Facts About Beard Oil
- Buyer’s guide
- Products on Amazon
- 1. Prophet and Tools PREMIUM Unscented Beard Oil
- 2. Sandalwood Beard Oil Kit- Best Fragrance Beard Oil
- 3. Honest Amish –The Best Classic Beard Oil
- 4. Beard oil by Mountaineer Brand- Best in the Beard Game
- 5. Proraso Beard Oil- Best beard oil containing Avocados
- 6. Vikings Revolution Beard oil- Best Beard Oil for Dandruff
- 7. Woodland Harmony by Seven Potions- Best Beard Oil for stubble
- 8. Viking Revolution’s unscented Beard Oil- Best Beard oil for growth and thickness
- 9. Leven Rose Beard Oil- Best Priced unscented oil
The top 9 Beard Oils in Market
|Prophet and Tools||Prophet and Tools||Prophet and Tools PREMIUM Unscented Beard Oil||Check On Amazon|
|Blackstone Naturals||Blackstone Naturals||Blackstone Naturals Sandalwood Beard Oil||Check On Amazon|
|Honest Amish||Honest Amish||Honest Amish– Classic Beard Oil||Check On Amazon|
|Mountaineer Brand||Mountaineer Brand||Beard Oil by Mountaineer Brand||Check On Amazon|
|Proraso||Proraso||Proraso Beard Oil Smooth and Protect||Check On Amazon|
|Viking Revolution||Viking Revolution||Viking Revolution Beard Oil Conditioner||Check On Amazon|
|Seven Potions||Seven Potions||Woodland Harmony By Seven Potions||Check On Amazon|
|Viking Revolution||Viking Revolution||Viking Revolution unscented Beard Oil Conditioner||Check On Amazon|
|Ranger Grooming Company||Ranger Grooming Company||Leven Rose Beard Oil||Check On Amazon|
With thousands of different options available in the market, it can get irritating sometimes to choose the right product that meets all your requirements. Here, we make your lives easier for you by shortening the list for you by choosing the best ones. One of these top 9 Beard oils will definitely prove to be a great companion for your beard.
Beard Oils vs Beard Balm
Now you have decided to buy a care product for your amazing beard, but are not able to decide either to buy a beard oil or a balm? Both products share some characteristics but also have differences. No product is good or bad, both have their own set of values. Here we have a table of differences which will make it easy for you to choose a product-
|Differences and Similarities||Beard oil||Beard Balm|
|Different characteristics||Beard oils are liquid and so it can be hard for you to carry with you at work, gym or at school||Balms are wax like substances so you can carry it with you and not be afraid of spilling it|
|Different Purposes||Beard oils are used to help moisturize your beard and assist in growth, also avoiding itchiness||Balms are generally used to style and hold your beard in shape you want|
|Applying differences||It is applied using a dropper||You take it in your hand and rub your hands before applying it to your good-looking face|
|Made from similar ingredients and usually are scents||Beard oils are generally made from all-natural ingredients and so they smell good||Beard Balms are also made with naturally ingredients and they also smell perfect|
Before and After Using Beard Growth Oil
|Wives and girlfriends complaining about rough and uneven beard||Beard oils helps facial hair grow uniformly across the face, while making it smooth and shinny|
|Beard dandruff is a key issue making your beards look worst||Beard oils supplement essential nutrients to beard helping it nourish and avoid dandruff|
|Beard smells really bad sometimes and you cannot help it||Beard oils got you covered by providing good smell to beard with help of scents|
How and When to Apply Beard Oil?
The best time to apply beard oil is right after you get a shower because at this time your skin is clean, and the skin pores are wide open. Once you use a towel to make your face dry, the applying process starts.
Applying Beard oil is not just taking a few drops and applying it. An appropriate quantity needs to be determined before using it. The quantity depends on the length, thickness and period of your beard. The general guideline is-
1-month old beard – 3 to 4 drops
1-3 months old beard– 4-6 drops
3-12 months – 6-10 drops
Beard is older than 1 year – 10 drops and up
What is the Right Amount and How Often to Apply it?
The above guide is just for a user to reference, but every person has different needs. The guideline is just a generalized application. It is not how you use it. Also, remember that oil doesn’t evaporate and disappear like water. Applying too much of it may lead to dripping and waste.
How often one applies it is also a key consideration, because the number of times depends on many factors such as climate, humidity, and individual needs. Mostly, people in dry climate need to apply it very often (usually more than once a day) to meet their needs, while a humid and cold climate would need less often. Can I apply it every day? The answer is yes you can because most researchers say applying it. Everyday nourishes your beard and keeps it healthy.
Now comes the fun process which is, applying it. The 5 easy steps to apply it are-
- Pour oil in your hands using dropper and spread it evenly across your hand
- Apply oil to the deep (interior) parts of beard first so the roots can absorb it and then spread the rest across the beard evenly
- Don’t forget to brush your palm both the sides and down the front of beard
- Bring your hand through bottom of beard to spread oil uniformly and also give touch to your mustache
Finally, use a comb to shape it as you want because it will avoid getting hair to get in your mouth and will also make your beard look good. If you don’t have a comb yet we suggest you check out our page to get more information
Facts About Beard Oil
1. By utilizing the whiskers oil items, specialists state that the facial air tamed and makes it softer it milder than expected. Indeed, Best Beard Oil is utilized as a styling specialist for men. At the point when used, your facial hair looks prepared and sparkly.
2. The Beard Oil items will function admirably whenever applied after washing your face. The best time to apply this oil is during the mornings. The application is done well after washing your face.
3. You have to apply the correct amount of this Best Beard Oil on your facial hair. For shorter beards, you can apply a couple of drops, while for longer facial hair, you have to apply at least five to six drops. The other significant truth is that it is constantly prescribed to utilize this beard oil each day directly after a shower.
4. Utilization of these Beard Oil items is trailed by rubbing and massaging activity. It is suitable to apply this oil and rub it first utilizing your hands. From that point, you have to massage altogether all around the facial hair including the skin underneath it. In the wake of applying the Best Beard Oil on your facial hair, you can utilize a comb
5. One of the most significant realities regarding the use of the Beard Oil items is that your facial hair smells fresh. It is free from flakes as well.
But from these top 9, you might be wondering how to choose the best one? Don’t worry we got these few easy steps for you, which will be and a great aid for you to choose the right product
- Check ingredients- Before you buy any product check its ingredients and short-list the ones which you think are favorable for you because one can be allergic to some ingredients.
- What’s your hair and skin type? You need to figure out this question because all people have different skin requirements. For instance, if your skin is dry and needs moisturizing product then choose one accordingly
- Is the company reliable? The best way to know this is to read our detailed review towards bottom of this page for each product and also read some customer reviews
- Price and size- you need to check your pocket and figure out how much are you willing to spend on a product, and accordingly, you need to choose a product which also fulfills your quantity expectations
- Scented or unscented- Everyone has a different set of choice when buying something, so when you are choosing a Beard oil, choose one that smells according to your expectations
1. Prophet and ToolsPREMIUM Unscented Beard Oil
We begin our list with this beard oil which is not just like any other oil. It brings all together with a different sort of experience with it. It is an All-In-One Conditioner and Shampoo-like Softener, Shine and Fuller Beards & Mustache Growth Formula, which is both nut-free and vegan. Top features of this beard growth product include-
- It increases beard growth speed for longer facial hair
- It also helps in generation of more hair, to avoid patchiness on your face
- Brings a natural shine with it
- It contains some main ingredients which are essential for your beard including, vitamin E, Aloe Vera, Jojoba and Chamomile
- Has an Animal engraved beard comb inside the packaging
Prophet and Tools with core values of quality, innovation and customer satisfaction is trying to deliver this premium product to men all around the world. They started selling the company by selling this Beard oil back in 2015 and have expanded their base to many different products. Buying this product is a worthwhile experience to get.
Though this product has so many plus points, it can take some time in showing the full results. The reason for this is because everyone has different skins, and so the ingredients in it will act differently on every person. But the advantage over here is that it will definitely show the result either in the short-run or long run, you need to have patience.
It’s an oil with a long list of attributes, all of which contribute to better beard health and appearance.Overall, it is a really good product for the price point and the advantages it brings with it.
- Increases beard growth speed, smoothness and shine
- Made from all-natural ingredients and delivers essential vitamins
- Good price for a Premium product like this
- Can take time to show the results
- Results can differ among people because of the diversity of skins
2. Sandalwood Beard Oil Kit- Best Fragrance Beard Oil
Second, on our list is this Beard Growth Oil for the fragrance lovers. This oil brings the exceptional smell of Sandalwood which will make your beard not only look good but also smell good. This all-natural beard and mustache oil guarantee performance and your satisfaction with a refund policy in place.
BEST BEARD OIL FOR:
Men who want an oil that provides a nice scent while maintaining their beard. Some of the main features of this product includes-
- It softens and moisturizes your beard by promoting shine and reducing itchiness
- Comes with a comb to shape your beard
- Packed with all-natural ingredients including Argan Oil, Jojoba Oil, Vitamin E Oil, Chamomile Oil and Sandalwood Oil
- Al light but spicy touch with the sandalwood fragrance
The negative point about this beard growth product is that some people might not like the strong and a little spicy Sandalwood smell if they have never tried a sandalwood product before. And once used to applying it every day, one might be bored by the same smell.
Overall, the product is priced low compared to similar products in the market. It is and good and affordable option for the fragrance lovers, who are also interested in maintaining their beard.
- will soften, shine and tame your beard
- Made from all-natural ingredients and delivers essential a great sandalwood fragrance
- Comes with a good comb to shape your beard
- The sandalwood smell can be really strong for some people, while it can be too mild for others
- Can get bored to the same smell every day
3. Honest Amish –The Best Classic Beard Oil
This is a classical product in market with an exceptional reputation. Honest Amish is known for delivering handmade product all across the world, with its all original recipes. With a shop Western, Pennsylvania, this company carefully crafts the highest quality handmade soaps, beard balms & waxes, salves, lip balms, licorice, and products using only 100% natural, organic and sustainable ingredients. Their only promise to the customers is that, they never use any chemicals.
This classical Beard growth oil is made from Virgin Argan, Golden Jojoba and 6 more premium hydrating oils that reacts really good with your facial hair and the skin under it. Best features of this product are-
- It is all natural and beard conditioning oil
- It Softens beard, relieves itchiness, and conditions skin under your beard
- It is non-sticky, and non-greasy which will not bring heaviness to your beard
Extra Virgin Organic Pumpkin Seed Oil, Avocado Oil, Sweet Almond Oil, Apricot Kernel Oil, Kukui Nut Oil, Virgin Organic Argan Nut Oil, Golden Organic Jojoba Oil, Cedarwood Oil, Star Anise Oil, Clove Bud Oil, Grapefruit (Pink) Oil, Bulgarian Lavender Oil, Organic Cinnamon Leaf Oil, Organic Arvensis Peppermint Oil
With all the other important oils present in this product, Avocado oils is one of the most important one for nourishing your beard because it helps the hair roots develop.
The thing wrong about this product is that, there are so many oils present in the product that it can be hard avoiding allergies. One needs to carefully access the product ingredients and try to avoid it if he is allergic to any ingredients. Secondly, some users also complain that the product is hard to seal the bottle, which would need extra precaution.
- Contains all-natural essential oil for beard growth and maintenance
- It is non-stick and non-greasy
- Softens beard, relieves itchiness, and conditions skin under beard
- Contains many oils that may lead to allergies, need to access the label properly
- The bottle handling needs extra precaution
Beard Oil by Mountaineer Brand
4. Beard oil by Mountaineer Brand- Best in the Beard Game
Third in our review process is this Beard oil which brings an adventurous feeling with it. According to the company’s moto, “it’s time to UP YOUR GAME! Take care of your beard the Mountaineer way.” The Company’s mission is to make and sell only the best, all-natural and affordable, men’s grooming products by providing superior customer service and satisfaction.
In this fast-paced environment that we are lining in today, it is almost hard to take care of ourselves. Eventually, this affects your epic beard and makes it look tired and dull, resulting in you losing the charm. Mountaineer Brand Beard Oil rejuvenates tired facial hair effortlessly catapulting your beard from meh to epic. It comes lightly scented with Cedarwood, Fir Needle and Eucalyptus. This would smell slightly like wood, but it is not a bad smell at all.
Few features of this product include-
- Reduces the dullness in your beard
- Comes with Cedarwood, Fir Needle and Eucalyptus fragrances
- Contains no dyes, artificial ingredients or preservatives
- Helps promote beard growth
This beard oil restores your charming beard look by promoting hair growth and avoiding the patchiness caused due to tiredness. With all-natural ingredients, it also hydrates the skin under your beard and reduces dandruff and flakes on your face. According to us it will work best with both short and long beards.
The only negative point about this oil is that some of the users say that the good fragrance doesn’t last really long and so it will increase its usage, but, overall, it has a great price with all the attributes it contributes to the table.
- Turns your dull beard into an epic and charming one
- Reduces flakes and dandruff, by increasing the smoothness
- Has Cedarwood, Fir Needle and Eucalyptus fragrances
- Some reviewers complain that the fragrances don’t last that long, which will lead to increased usage
5. Proraso Beard Oil- Best beard oil containing Avocados
Originating in Italy, Proraso has been helping men achieve a smooth shave since 1948. Over the years, our line of men’s shaving products has evolved to feature natural-based formulations without mineral oils or artificial colors.
This beard oil comes with avocado and sunflower seed oil, menthol and eucalyptus which are important elements to nourish your beard. The best thing about this oil is that it has scent of cedar wood and Mediterranean extracts that will make your beard smell fresh and shiny all say long.
Benefits of using this oil includes-
- Nourish and protect a long, thick beard
- Is scented with cedar wood and other extracts
- Reduces flakes
- Increases growth in people with short beards
With all these benefits, the only thing not good about this product is that all the smell and fragmented it has can be very strong. This may not be attractfull to many people around you. But overall, this product is worth buying if you are into the trend of using avocados in your day to day life, coming with a great price point
- Makes beard smooth and promotes growth in people with small beards
- Is scented with cedarwood and other Mediterranean extracts
- Ingredients contain Avocados, which moisturizes skin under your beard and nourishes the hair
- Strong can be really strong for both you and people around you
6. Vikings Revolution Beard oil- Best Beard Oil for Dandruff
Whether you are men living in a small town or one living in a metropolitan city, your beard speaks volumes for you. Vikings revolution Beard oil targets all groups of beards including- long, short, red, white, black, and brown. What started out as a shared hobby of growing beards between two friends, turned into a business in few years targeting customers all around the globe. Offering many different products in men’s categories, their scented beard oil is the best one in the market to repair your dandruff.
Viking’s Beard oil soothes your itchy and irritated skin under your beard through daily usage. And the best part about this oil with all the other features it offers. Is that it is scented with sandalwood. Few of the benefits that come with this oil include-
- It is 100% naturally made by using a perfect blend of Argan & Jojoba strengthens facial hair & helps avoid thin patches
- Makes your beard smooth and easily manageable
- Reduces dandruff by curing itchiness and dry skin
- Moisturizes beard and skin under it
- Makes your beard shine
But the only concerning thing about this product is that, some users complained that the sandalwood doesn’t smell fresh sometimes and so it can smell strange to some people. It smells like ammonia in the beard according to some reviewers. Overall, if you are looking to start using beard oil, this might be your option but if you want a beard oil that delivers a premium fragrance and quality then it is time for you to explore different options. Honestly, price is reasonable for what it offers, which is an experience.
- Reduces dandruff and cures itchiness
- Long-lasting sandalwood smell
- Increases smoothness and shine of beard
- According to some reviewers, the smell isn’t satisfying and is strange
- Good for a men who just started using the oil
7. Woodland Harmony by Seven Potions- Best Beard Oil for stubble
If you are a person who wants to get a beard care product that smells good, then this is definitely for you. The name “Woodland Harmony” itself brings an experience with itself. The oil’s scent is totally different from ones available on market because of its unique blend of Sandalwood and a secret essential oil. Fed up with companies that produce men’s grooming products that don’t respect any safety and quality standards, offering poor, and
potentially, dangerous products; Seven Potions started making their own oil back in 2014.
One of the main benefits of this oil is that it gets absorbed by your skin within few seconds after you apply it. It is made from all natural, organic and cruelty free ingredients which ensures fair trade practices. With 9 months of continuous testing, this quality beard growth oil was made. Few of its benefits include-
- Makes beard softer, healthier, and more manageable
- Has a perfect sandalwood and other essential oil scent
- Makes beard soft by reduces dandruff and itchiness
- No animal testing while ensuring to follow other sustainable practices
Ingredients of this oil include Jojoba oil, Sweet Almond oil, Crambe Seed oil, Apricot Kernel Oil, and essential oils like Vitamin E, Cedar Wood which will nourish your beard like a mother to a baby. It also has vitamin A which increases facial skin health, while vitamin E which protects skin under beard from Sun’s UV rays.
The only thing wrong about this oil is that there is nothing wrong about it. It is the best beard currently available on market for all categories of men including stubble, long-bearded etc. Honestly, this product is a no-brainer if you are into scented products. One thing to note is that, the scent preferences for people might different which might lead into some people thinking it to be too strong while too light for others.
- Oil made ensuring sustainable practices
- Scented with a unique blend
- Increases smoothness and shine of beard, while reducing dandruff, dry skin and itchiness
- Smell differences can lead to too strong for some, while to light for others
8. Viking Revolution’s unscented Beard Oil- Best Beard oil for growth and thickness
This is the different oil from the same company we talked earlier. Vikings revolution Beard oil targets all groups of beards including- long, short, red, white, black, and brown. What started out as a shared hobby of growing beards between two friends, turned into a business in few years targeting customers all around the globe. Offering many different products in men’s categories, their scented beard oil was the best one in market to repair your dandruff. But company realized that not all customers like scented oil, so they made this product for people who prefer unscented beard oil.
According to the company, “In order to have a great looking beard, you need the right products! Our Unscented Beard Oil will give you the confidence to conquer the world, like a Viking!” which is absolutely true when it comes to this specific oil. Viking Revolution’s unscented Beard Oil is the best oil for growth and thickness of facial hair, while also restoring softness. Few of the benefits of this product includes-
- Increases thickness and growth
- Softens beard by reducing itchiness
- Made with perfect blend of Organic Argan Oil and Organic Jojoba Oil
- Moisturizes skin under beard
Beard growth is one of the main issues which men with beard face. So, by adding Argan oil and Jojoba oil to your beard it makes sure that the roots of facial hair get strong and promotes growth. On the other side, disadvantage or the only think wrong about this product is that price is a little high when compared to products in same category. But when you think it the other way, which is the experience it brings, the price might be reasonable. Overall, if you are into the category of unscented products, this one is definitely for you.
- Non-greasy and unscented
- Promotes beard growth and thickness
- Reduces itchiness and promotes smoothness
- Price is comparatively high when compared to products in same category
9. Leven Rose Beard Oil- Best Priced unscented oil
It is not true when people say that they cannot get premium products at an affordable price. This is an example of the product which delivers quality product at a reasonable price. According to us, Leven rose’s beard oil is the best product in market for what it offers at such a price point.
It offers all the same features that other products offer currently in market, but the only thing with differentiates this oil is that this beard oil is only made from 2 ingredients- Jojoba oil, Moroccan Argan oil. Leven rose’s oil contains no fillers, fragrances, additives, parabens or GMOs and follows all sustainable fair-trade practices.
Few of that benefits this product offers are-
- Reduces itchiness, dandruff, dry skin
- Promotes smooth and shiny beard
- Moisturizes facial hair and skin
- Is unscented
The only thing negative point about this product is that the company asks to take extra storage precautions. According to company, “Must be stored in dark amber bottles to Protect them from UV light rays and oxidation. Pure natural oils not packaged in dark bottles will lose potency and become Non effective.” This will not discourage for people who really care about their period, because this oil has more benefits than the drawbacks.
- For unscented lovers at a great price
- Promotes beard growth and thickness, smoothness and shine
- Made with sustainable and fair trade practices
- High storage precautions
- Some people think that the formula is too light and simple
In short beard oils is one of the best beard care products available on market right now, which will make your beard look healthy, stylish and shiny at the same time. Though there are thousands of options available in the market, our website has made it easy for you by choosing the top 9 best beard oils, with its pros and cons, reviews and other more exciting stuff. Check it out right not to buy the best beard growth oil.